Chinese smartphone maker – Xiaomi on Wednesday officially announced the much-rumored Mi Note 10 at a launch event in Spain. As expected, the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 is a rebadged Mi CC9 Pro announced earlier this week in China. By this announcement, the Mi CC9 pro will remain exclusive to China, while the same device will hit other markets as the Xiaomi Mi Note 10.
There appears to be no significant differences in hardware, but as you’d expect the Note 10 will run MIUI atop Google-approved Android, while the CC9 Pro will stick to Xiaomi’s own apps and services in China.
Also announced is the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro which is the global variant of the Xiaomi CC9 Pro premium edition announced yesterday in China. The 10 Pro is virtually the same device as the standard Mi Note 10, except that it drops the 7P lens for an 8P lens in front of the 108 MP sensor with extra RAM and storage.
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Specs
The highlights of the Mi Note 10 is its Penta-camera arrays, and beyond that is a 108MP sensor which Xiaomi co-developed with Samsung. The Mi CC9 Pro gets the same sensor, but the Mi Note 10 is the first to get a wider reach. Besides the 108MP sensor, the Mi Note 10 gets a 5MP telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom, 20MP wide-angle shooter, 12MP shooter with 2x zoom, and a macro camera capable of shooting from up to 1.5 cm.
It has dual flash, Night mode 2.0 with multi-frame noise reduction at raw level, and vlog mode with 7 templates for a cinematic-style vlog.
Gizchina News of the week
Beyond the cameras, the Mi Note 10 is also a device to reckon with in the power unit. It gets a 5,260 mAh battery, which perhaps is the largest in any Xiaomu smartphone. It supports 30w fast charging, but sadly do not offer wireless charging.
At the heart of the device is the Snapdragon 730G chipset, with 6 GB RAM and 128GB storage. It sadly does not support memory expansion, so there is no MicroSD slot.
Xiaomi Mi Note10 specifications
- 6.47-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio display with 600nit (HBM) / 430nit(Typ) brightness, 400000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB UFS 2.1 storage / 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 256GB UFS 2.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung HMX sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS, 7P lens (8P in Pro), Dual flash, 12MP 1/2.6-inch 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 5MP telephoto lens for 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, 5x optical zoom, OIS, 20MP 117° ultra-wide angle lens, 2MP macro lens for 1.5cm macro shots, 4k 30fps, 960fps at 720p
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, 1216 1.0cc speaker
- Dimensions: 157.8×74.2×9.67mm; Weight: 208g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5260mAh (Typical) / 5160mAh (minimum) battery with 30W fast charging
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pricing and availability
The device will go on sale in Germany from November 11th and followed closely by Spain and Italy from November 15th. Starting from November 18th, those in France will be able to get their hands on the device, while it will roll out to the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg soon. The Mi Note 10 starts at €549, while the Mi Note 10 Pro costs as much as €649.
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 – 6GB RAM/128GB storage – 549 Euros /US$ 608
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro – 8GB RAM/256GB storage – 649 Euros /US$ 719