Honor MagicWatch 2 is official. As planned, the second Honor smartwatch has been presented for the global market today, in two different versions, with 46 mm and 42 mm diameter and with a selection of straps and dials customized for all tastes.
Compared to the first-generation model, many aspects of design changed, the frames are smaller, the battery can last up to 14 days in the 46 mm version, and all the hardware is now controlled by the new Kirin A1 chip, also available on the new Huawei Watch GT 2 that launched last month.
Different sizes, but also varying autonomy, if in fact the largest model can reach two weeks, those wishing to opt for the 42 mm version will have to take into account a duration of about 7 days. As for the sports and smart side, Honor MagicWatch 2 can count on more than 15 activities, heart rate monitoring, notifications, music playback, exercise tracking and, for the 46 mm model only , there is the possibility to make or receive calls via Bluetooth, even on the move, via a pair of headphones or with the integrated speaker and microphone.
Honor MagicWatch 2 Specifications
- SoC Kirin A1
- 46mm: 1.39 “AMOLED display and 454 x 454 pixel resolution, 326 ppi
- 42mm: 1.2 “AMOLED display and 390 x 390 pixel resolution, 326 PPI
- Bluetooth 5.1, GPS
- Heart rate sensor
- Up to 2 weeks of battery for the 46 mm model – Up to 1 week of battery for the 42 mm model
- Water-resistant: 5ATM / 50meters
- Support for the tracking of 15 sports activities, including indoor/outdoor running, cycling, swimming, triathlon and more.
- Up to 500 music tracks that can be stored in memory.
- Follow your heart rate, SWOLF score and calories burned during swimming workouts.
Honor MagicWatch 2 supports 15 fitness modes aimed at achieving goals, 8 for outdoor sports and 7 indoor, the heart rate sensor provides real-time information to help users improve their physical activity, while Huawei TruSleep technology 2.0, can recognize and accurately diagnose 6 common types of sleep disorder.
From the smartwatch, you can also detect the stress level in situations of tension. Memorize up to 500 songs thanks to the 4GB of space, only 2 to be used for music. Finally, in addition to the purely male models. The Sakura Gold 42 mm version is in particular, addresses the female audience.
Honor MagicWatch 2 Price and availability
Honor MagicWatch 2 will also be available from 12 December in global markets. Pricing starts at CNY1,099 ($155) for the Agate Black 42mm version, the Charcoal Black 46mm is CNY 1,199 ($170). While the Flax Brown 46mm and Sakura Gold 42mm are CNY1,399 ($200).