It seemed a quiet day in the presentation market but Nokia has decided to make a new device official. This is the new Nokia 2.3, a mid-range / low-end device that comes with a very low budget and modest features. Of course, there is very good news for Android lovers, as it will have Android 10 soon and its software is in charge of Android One. This device is the closest thing there is to a low-end Pixel, as it will update the OS for two years and will get the security patches for three years. In addition, it will be available in global markets within a few days.
Nokia has a large catalog of devices in the current market, and although it is a company that goes unnoticed in the high range, the same does not happen in the mid-range. Their devices are highly recommended, especially for all those who want to enjoy good after sales support. Nokia is by far the best supported manufacturer in the market .
This is the new Nokia 2.3 with Android One
The new Nokia 2.3 comes with a simple design. On the front, we can see a screen with a notch and a lower bezel thicker than the others. Its frames are flat and the back is made of plastic. This has a kind of striated texture to improve the grip and not have the typical ‘glossy’ touch.
It has no fingerprint sensor, although it does have a dedicated button for Google Assistant and facial recognition thanks to the front camera. The rear camera is double and does not protrude. Without a doubt, a simple design for a cheap device that does well not to focus on this section.
Nokia 2.3 specifications
- 6.2-inch (720 x 1520 pixels) HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP secondary camera
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 157.69 x 75.41 x 8.68mm; Weight: 183g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB
- 4000mAh battery
Nokia has confirmed that the device will soon update to Android 10, so it is great news for all users who want to try this operating system. In addition, they also ensure that the device will update to Android 11.
The Nokia 2.3 comes in Cyan Green, Sand and Charcoal colors, is priced at 109 Euros ($121) and will be rolled out mid-December globally.