Lenovo has decided to postpone the opening dates for the Motorola Razr pre-orders and deliveries. The foldable flip smartphone is a victim of its success, the manufacturer fails to meet demand.
With nearly 130 million copies sold between 2004 and 2008, the first Motorola Razr was one of the most popular mobiles of the 2000s. Its successor seems to be going the same way, Motorola has just announced the postponement of its date to meet demand.
Announced at $1,500, the foldable clamshell smartphone should be available for pre-order at the end of this year to be delivered in early 2020. Fans of the iconic clamshell smartphone from the 2000s will have to wait a little longer. Unlike Samsung which had delayed the release of the Galaxy Fold to review its screen, Motorola Razr is not the victim of any technical problem. The firm simply cannot meet the demand that has exceeded its expectations.
Victim of its success, Motorola delays the release of the Razr
The Lenovo group, which owns Motorola, has published a press release in which it indicates that it “has decided to adjust the pre-order and launch schedule for the Razr to better meet consumer demand. “We are working to determine the appropriate quantity and timing so that more consumers can access Razr at launch”. The firm did not communicate any date but specifies that the delay should not be significant.
Despite its high price for mid-range performance, the foldable flip smartphone seems to have succeeded in seducing those nostalgic for the first Razr. The mobile is indeed equipped with a tiny 2510 mAh battery as well as a Soc Snapdragon 710 with 6 GB of RAM and a storage space of up to 128 GB.
Motorola razr specifications
- 6.2-inch (2142 x 876 pixels) 21:9 Cinemavision foldable pOLED screen. With an external 2.7-inch (600 x 800 pixels) 4:3 gOLED screen. Protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM, 128GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED FLASH, Sony IMX519 sensor. With f/1.7 aperture, 1.22um pixel size, EIS, Dual Pixel autofocus (AF), Laser AF
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size,screen flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 72 x 172 x 6.9mm (Unfolded) 72 x 94 x 14mm(folded); Weight: 205g
- Splash-proof with water resistant nanocoating
- Bottom-ported speaker, 4 mics
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.0 Type-C
- 2510mAh battery with 15W TurboPower fast charging