Samsung has recently unveiled the Galaxy S20 series. Its new range of high-end smartphones and, as you may think, it expects high market demand. However, according to the analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, this may not be the case.
According to official manufacturer data, the previous S10 range recorded 36-38 million pieces sold worldwide, but the analyst expects fewer sales for the S20 range, which will reach 32 million devices sold.
The decline, Ming continues, is expected due to the price cut in the S10 range, which is still competitive in the market. Although the S20 range has brought substantial improvements on all fronts, the analyst does not see an actual innovation in the user experience that can give added value to the new Samsung devices.
Curiously, the Ming-Chi Kuo report contradicts a recent prediction by Counterpoint Research, which indicates the new S20s as new “top-selling” of the Korean manufacturer.
Gizchina News of the week
Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+ and S20 Ultra specifications
- S20 – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 563 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- S20+ – 6.7-inch Quad HD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate
- S20 Ultra 6.9-inch Quad HD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 511 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 8GB (12GB in S20 Ultra) LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB storage (UFS 3.0), expandable to 1TB
- Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- S20 and S20+ – 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, Super Speed Dual Pixel AF, OIS, 64MP Telephoto lens with 76° FoV, f/2.0 aperture, OIS, Hybrid Optic Zoom 3X, Super Resolution Zoom up to 30X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Depth Vision camera (S20+)
- S20-Ultra – 108MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 48MP Telephoto lens with 24° FoV, f/3.5 aperture, PDAF, OIS, Hybrid Optic Zoom 10X, Super Resolution Zoom up to 100X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Depth Vision camera
- S20 and S20+ – 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- S20-Ultra – 40MP front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- S20: 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9mm; 163g
- S20+: 161.9 x 73.7 x 7.8mm; 186g
- S20-Ultra: 166.9 x 76.0 x 8.8mm; 220g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- S20 — 4,000mAh battery with 25W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging,
- S20+ — 4,500mAh battery with 25W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- S20-Ultra — 5000mAh battery with 45W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging