The Galaxy S20 Ultra is equipped with the best OLED screen on the market, says DisplayMate. The AMOLED panel of the smartphone has indeed managed to beat up to 12 records. According to experts, the screen developed by Samsung is “visually indistinguishable from perfection”.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra has just dethroned the iPhone 11 Pro Max, crowned the best screen on the market last September by DisplayMate. True to form, DisplayMate has long evaluated the quality of the screen of the new Samsung flagship. Unsurprisingly, the smartphone simply offers the best screen on the smartphone market. As a reminder, this title had returned to the Galaxy S10+ a little less than a year ago. It was then outdistanced by the OnePlus 7 Pro.
The S20 Ultra breaks 12 records at DisplayMate!
The Galaxy S20 Ultra’s 6.9-inch (3200 x 1,440 pixel) screen managed to break 12 records, notes DisplayMate. The AMOLED 120 Hz panel benefits in particular from the highest “maximum display brightness” on the market, the best possible color rendering and “the widest native color range”. The screen is also distinguished by its perfect contrasts and reflections reduced to a minimum.
“The Galaxy S20 Ultra has a world-class smartphone screen of excellent quality, very impressive, with perfect accuracy and calibration performance” explains DisplayMate in its test. The screen therefore inherits the maximum score of A +. The slab of the S20 Ultra brings several improvements compared to that of the Galaxy S10 +, such as a 23% more spacious display space, better outdoor visibility, 14% higher brightness and obviously a higher refresh rate (120 Hz against 60 Hz).
What do you think of the DisplayMate test? Are you going to consider the Galaxy S20 Ultra to take advantage of its high-quality screen? We await your opinion in the comments below.
GALAXY S20 ULTRA – TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.9-inch Quad HD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 511 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB storage (UFS 3.0) / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB storage (UFS 3.0), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 48MP Telephoto lens with 24° FoV, f/3.5 aperture, PDAF, OIS, Hybrid Optic Zoom 10X, Super Resolution Zoom up to 100X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Depth Vision camera
- 40MP front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor
- Dimensions: 166.9 x 76.0 x 8.8mm; Weight: 220g (222g for 5G)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4,855mAh (minimum) battery with 45W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare