The Xiaomi subsidiary Black Shark has unveiled its latest gaming smartphones last Tuesday – Black Shark 3 and Black Shark 3 Pro. As you might expect, it didn’t take long before they became extremely popular and according to the latest information, Black Shark 3 series reservations have exceeded 5 million units in just 48 hours!
According to a poster published on the Chinese social network Weibo, both smartphones managed to reach more than 5 million reservations in just 48 hours. It is important to emphasize that they are “reservations” that do not require any kind of official commitment or advance payment.
Still, 5 million reservations remain an impressive achievement. Certainly, the first sales session will last for a short while, as with previous models.
Gizchina News of the week
Black Shark 3 and Shark 3 Pro specifications
- BlackShark 3 – 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 90Hz display, 394PPI, HDR 10+, 105% DCI – P3 color gamut, 500 nits brightness, MEMC intelligent motion compensation technology
- BlackShark 3 Pro – 7.1-inch (3120 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 19.5:9 90Hz display, 483PPI, HDR 10+, 97% DCI – P3 color gamut, 500 nits brightness, MEMC intelligent motion compensation technology
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) internal storage
- Android 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 13MP 120° ultra wide sensor with f/2.25 sensor, 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture for portrait shots
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual 1217 super linear speakers
- Black Shark 3 Dimensions: 168.72×77.33x 10.42mm; Weight: 222g
- Black Shark 3 Pro Dimensions: 177.79× 83.29x 10.1mm; Weight: 253g
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ax (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- BlackShark 3 – 4720mAh battery with 65W fast charging
- BlackShark 3 Pro -5000mAh battery with 65W fast charging
Pricing and availability
Unfortunately, we are still waiting for information on a possible global presentation of the new Xiaomi gaming smartphones. In turn, the smartphones will be available in the Chinese market from March 17.