Google Pixel 4 flagship phone can be safely called one of the most odious devices of the past year. So many bugs and compromises have been found, especially with an eye to the not-so-pleasant device price tag. One of the biggest problems was the facial unlocking of the smartphone, working on the basis of special sensors that scan the face of the user.
On Google Pixel 4, Face Unlock could be used even with your eyes closed, so if someone wanted to abuse this “security method”, he could wait until you fall asleep and easily unlock the device. Google assured that programmers are working to fix this bug by adding an item to the settings, because of which the unlock would not work if your eyes were closed.
This option is still not available. However, you can find it by searching for the word “eyes” in the settings of Pixel 4. In addition to the caption – Require eyes to be open – there is a small explanation that says that your eyes must be open to unlock the smartphone.
Unfortunately, by clicking on this item, you will be taken to the familiar unlock settings screen, in which the long-awaited option is still not displayed.
Google has already released several monthly patches and two major updates for the Pixel 4, and yet this option still does not work. However, its presence in the firmware promises its relatively faster appearance on Pixel devices.
Gizchina News of the week
Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL specifications
- Pixel 4 – 5.7-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 19:9display, 444 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Pixel 4 XL – 6.3-inch (2960 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ OLED 19:9 display, 537 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (Max 2.84GHz + 2.42Ghz + 1.8GHz) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB DDR4X RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12.2MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.4μm pixel size, ƒ/1.7 aperture, 77° FOV, Dual PD auto focus, OIS, EIS, 16 MP Telephoto lens, 1μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, Spectral + flicker sensor, 4K video recording at up to 30 fps, 720p at up to 240 fps
- 8MP auto focus front camera with 1.22μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 90° FOV, 1080p 30fos video recording
- Active Edge
- Water and dust Resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers, 3 microphones
- P4Dimensions: 147.1 x 68.8 x 8.2mm; Weight: 162g
- P4 XL Dimensions: 160.4 x 75.1 x 8.2mm; Weight: 193g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C Gen 1 , NFC
- P4– 2800mAh / 3700mAh (P4 XL) battery with 18W fast charging, Qi wireless charging