Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, does all it can to take care of its devices. At some points, it was one of the few companies that release updates for “very old” smartphones. Authorization and permission seeking apps are now a “problem” for many users and Xiaomi now has a better way of keeping user data safe. According to a netizen’s feedback, MIUI 11 20.3.17 beta is now available. This update specifically comes with “authorization management” features. The version number of the MIUI beta is MIUI 11 20.3.17 while the size of the update package is 116MB.
MIUI 11 20.3.17 update log
- Adds clipboard permissions to prevent applications from reading or tampering with clipboard content
- Adds multiple permissions support for positioning / recording / photographing / contact / call history / calendar / reading and writing external storage to “Allow only in use”
- The update adds positioning / recording / photograph permission support setting “Allow this time”
- It also brings a comprehensive ban on background camera permissions to eradicate malicious application peeping
- Adds positioning / recording / photographing permissions to display authorization options based on permission descriptions.
Many users have complained about irregular permissions and access to the clipboard data by apps. This update also seeks to greatly reduce this phenomenon. The update is already available for a plethora of Xiaomi phones. However, it is a closed beta for Chinese ROM.