Sony recently took the wraps off a new flagship dubbed Xperia 1 II, despite the weird naming scheme, the handset serves as an upgrade for the last year’s flagship. It came with a capable triple-camera setup with 12MP in each module and ZEISS optics. According to a report, the company is working overtime to bring a few features to this camera module and make it even more powerful.
It will bring the eye autofocus that makes sure human eyes are always in focus to the 16mm ultrawide camera. Moreover, the update will enable 1080p at 120fps slow-motion video recording and 4K video at 60fps. Last but not least, it will introduce a powerful Night mode for the main 12MP 24mm camera.
These new features will arrive through a firmware update to the flagship sometime after it launch. The device will be available in April in Japan. Other markets such as the European Union will receive it in the spring. We believe that the update will reach these markets in the future as well.
SONY XPERIA 1 Ⅱ SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.5-inch (1644x3840pixels) 4K OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, X1 for mobile, Motion Blur Reduction, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 256GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 1TB via microSD card
- Android 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, 1/1.7″ sensor, f/1.7 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 12MP f/2.2 aperture 1/2.55″ 135° ultra-wide-angle, 12MP f/2.4 aperture 1/3.4″ 34° telephoto lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 2x optical zoom, 960 fps Super slow motion, 3D iToF sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1/ 4″ Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speaker, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX HD audio
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 166 × 72 × 7.9mm; Weight: 181g
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 4000mAh Battery with 21W USB-PD fast charging, Qi Wireless charging