Apple released a new version of iOS 13.4 last night, bringing a lot of news and fixes. However, it does not correct the biggest issue currently being handled by iPhones and iPads users.
We are talking about problems with the Wi-Fi hotspot. This is what users have been reporting for a long time and, as you can see, with the new iOS 13.4, the problem does not end. For the sake of explanation, users complain that they cannot log in with their iPhone or iPad to a hotspot, or worse, they cannot even create a personal hotspot themselves so that someone can join them.
According to the latest reports, Apple confirmed that it knew about the matter and it is a software problem, not a hardware problem, so it could be fixed with an update. Although Apple released yesterday, iOS 13.4 that brings many interesting news and also major and minor fixes, but it does not solve the hotspot problem.
Obviously, either this is not a priority for Apple (which it should – Apple’s website is buzzing with bug reports), or the bug does not have a clear solution and is a more complicated problem. In any case, we should expect another patch in the near future, probably iOS 13.4.1.
iOS 13.4 Changelog
Mouse and Trackpad Support
- All-new cursor design highlights app icons on the Home Screen and Dock and buttons and controls in apps
- Magic Keyboard for iPad support on iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation or later) and iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation or later)
- Magic Mouse, Magic Mouse 2, Magic Trackpad, Magic Trackpad 2, and third-party Bluetooth and USB mouse support
- Multi-Touch gestures on Magic Keyboard for iPad and Magic Trackpad 2 enable you to scroll, swipe between app spaces, go Home, access App Switcher, zoom in or out, tap to click, secondary click (right-click), and swipe between pages
- Multi-Touch gestures on Magic Mouse 2 enable you to scroll, secondary click (right-click), and swipe between pages
- iCloud Drive folder sharing from the Files app
- Controls to limit access only to people you explicitly invite or grant access to anyone with the folder link
- Permissions to choose who can make changes and upload files and who can only view and download files
- Nine new Memoji stickers, including Smiling Face with Hearts, Hands Pressed Together, and Party Face
- Always-visible controls to delete, move, reply to, or compose a message in conversation view
- Responses to encrypted emails are automatically encrypted when you have configured S/MIME
App Store with Apple Arcade
- Universal Purchase support enables the use of a singular purchase of a participating app across iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
- Recently played Arcade games appear in the Arcade tab so you can continue playing on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
- List view for See All Games
- AR Quick Look supports audio playback in USDZ files
- Live Conversion for Zhuyin automatically transforms Zhuyin into the correct characters without pressing the space bar to convert text or select candidates
- Live Conversion for Japanese automatically transforms Hiragana into the correct characters without pressing the space bar to convert text or select candidates
- Predictive typing support for Arabic
- Swiss German keyboard layout supported on iPad Pro 12.9-inch
- On-screen keyboard layout for iPad Pro 12.9-inch now matches Smart Keyboard