Samsung’s flagship smartphones based on Exynos chips are often famous for less stable performance, in comparison with the same devices based on Qualcomm chips. It seems that this fact is also noted in the case of the company’s new devices – users have already begun to complain about various problems with the flagship and most expensive Galaxy S20 Ultra.
Users are even more indignant of the brand for selling the flagship series based on Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processors in South Korea, whereas previously exclusively on the Exynos branded versions were available on this market. According to users, Samsung understands the advantages of Qualcomm chips and delivers the best solutions to its market.
Galaxy S20 Ultra owner notes the terrible focus quality of the main camera
With April security patch I got this new DJ feature on my Galaxy S20 Ultra. Such a crappy camera really disappointed from this phone. If I knew update won't make a major difference I would have returned it on the first week. Fck you Samsung for wasting my $1400 never Samsung 🤬😡 pic.twitter.com/zLxHa9OzBa
— Dawood (@pegasaie) April 9, 2020
Twitter user @Pegasaie notes serious problems with the focus of the main camera on his Galaxy S20 Ultra. It is noteworthy that such errors are experienced in the most advanced device from the company that worth $1400. Later it turned out that many owners of devices with Exynos 990 processors are experiencing similar problems.
In addition, many users began to notice problems with the performance of the smartphone associated with its overheating even in the most primitive tasks. This confirms the opinion that the flagships of Samsung running Snapdragon are much more stable than their variants with Exynos.
Every year, fans of the brand have less and less confidence in Samsung branded chips. According to the latest data, the company is preparing the Exynos 1000 series – let’s see how the users will respond to it.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra specifications
- 6.9-inch Quad HD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 511 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB storage (UFS 3.0) / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB storage (UFS 3.0), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS. Alongside 48MP Telephoto lens with 24° FoV, f/3.5 aperture, PDAF, OIS, Hybrid Optic Zoom 10X, Super Resolution Zoom up to 100X. In addition to 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Depth Vision camera
- 40MP front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor
- Dimensions: 166.9 x 76.0 x 8.8mm; Weight: 220g (222g for 5G)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 5000mAh battery with 45W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare