Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, recently announced that the Xiaomi Bluetooth Air 2s headset will be getting its first system upgrade. Xiaomi’s product director, Li Chuangqi, shared a post by Pan Jiu Tang, a partner of the Xiaomi Industrial Investment Department which shows that this update will come with a couple of new features.
Gizchina News of the week
Xiaomi Bluetooth Air 2s headset changelog
- Two new [volume up] [volume down] voice commands. Currently supports 7 words like Xiao, previous, song, next, volume, up and down. Users can use these words together like “Volum Up”, “Previous Song” and so on.
- Updates the local voice library.
- Optimized for Xiaomi Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, and K30 pro phones.
- Fixes the issue of irregular Bluetooth disconnection.
- Resolves iPhone monaural – call murmurs.
- Solves double-clicking issues
- Takes care of all auto-play misn0rmal
- Solve the problem of being able to wake up Xiao Ai after turning off the “hotword function” on Xiao Ai.
- Optimizes the occasional double-click insensitivity problems.
The Xiaomi Bluetooth Air 2s headset features large 14.2mm drivers for high-quality audio. This headset supports Bluetooth 5.0 as well as LHDC (a non-proprietary alternative to Qualcomm’s aptX). LHDC comes with a low latency mode and it is available to many Android 10 phone makers.
Instead of having a main bud that connects to its other counterpart, both buds receive audio separately. This ensures that it avoids connectivity issues. Furthermore, you can use both buds separately. This means that if one gets missing, you can continue to use the other. However, on many TWS earbuds, if the main bud is missing, you are done. The other can not work without the main earbud.
The Xiaomi Bluetooth Air 2s headset case supports Qi wireless charging. It also comes with a USB-Type C port and a full charge takes one hour. With a full charge, users get 5 hours of playback but with the case, you get an additional 24 hours usage time.