Presented at the end of last year, Realme X2 Pro has already visited DxOMark – then experts have evaluated the main camera of the device. Now, DxOMark experts tested the front camera of the mid-range smartphone with a powerful processor and made their conclusion about its shooting capabilities.
The selfie Eealme X2 Pro camera is represented by a 16-megapixel sensor with an equivalent focal length of 25 mm, a pixel size of 1.0 μm and an aperture of f / 2.0. After taking more than 1,500 photos, DxOMark experts compared the pictures taken with the results of the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max and Google Pixel 4.
According to the experts, the exposure and contrast of the images obtained indoors were very good both with and without flash. The quality of blurring the background in portrait mode was always the same regardless of the distance to the subject – this made the effect a little unnatural. The camera captures good details of the face at a close distance.
Color in both the pictures and when recording video, according to experts, was not sufficiently unsaturated. The minuses of the camera, they also attributed a low level of stabilization, limited dynamic range and depth of field. During video recording, artifacts and noticeable noises were occasionally observed, and the EIS gyroscopic system did not always correctly compensate for the movement of the camera.
As a result of testing, the front Realme X2 Pro camera was rated at 74 points. A similar result was previously obtained by the main camera of the device.
- Pleasant color rendering
- Mainly accurate face exposure
- Nice detail at close range outdoors
- Well-controlled noise outdoors
- Accurate and repeatable flash
- Good depth estimation in bokeh shots
- Limited dynamic range
- Serious exposure instabilities
- Occasionally desaturated color
- Limited depth of field
- Mainly accurate face exposure in good light
- Well-controlled noise
- Usually pleasant skin tone rendering
- Poor stabilization
- Limited dynamic range
- Narrow depth of field
- Low detail
- Color casts in several lighting conditions
Realme X2 Pro specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio Fluid AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display with 90Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, up to 1000nit brightness, 100% DCI -P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.0) / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS 6.1
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 13MP Telephoto lens with 1/3.4″ sensor, 1μm pixel size, f/2.5 aperture for up to 20x hybrid zoom, 2.5cm macro, 8MP 115° 1/3.13″ ultra-wide angle lens with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture,1.75μm pixel size, 960fps slow-motion
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161×75.7×8.7mm; Weight: 199g
- 4000mAh battery (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) with 50W (10W/5A) SuperVOOC fast charging