Yesterday, Qualcomm announced in San Diego the launch of a mobile connectivity system product portfolio – WiFi 6E solution. Based on Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth audio technology, Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 and Qualcomm FastConnect 6700 mobile connection systems can reach speeds up to 3.6Gbps. This technology also supports VR-level low latency and cutting-edge Bluetooth technology.
Dino Bekis, vice president of Qualcomm Technology and general manager of mobile and computing connectivity business, said that the latest FastConnect 6900 and FastConnect 6700 solutions extend the functionality of Wi-Fi 6 to the 6GHz band and also bring integrated Bluetooth 5.2 features.
FastConnect 6900/ 6700 Wi-Fi 6E technology
Key features include:
- FastConnect 6900’s Wi-Fi 6 solution speed can reach 3.6Gbps
- FastConnect 6700 can also bring a peak rate of nearly 3Gbps.
The differentiated features of the above FastConnect system include:
- Qualcomm’s 4K QAM (2.4GHz, 5GHz, 6GHz) modulation technology increases the highest QAM rate from 1K to 4K in all available frequency bands.
- They also support 160MHz channels in the 5GHz and 6GHz frequency bands, which can increase throughput while reducing congestion.
Through the 4-channel dual-band concurrency feature in the 6GHz band, FastConnect 6900 can provide additional performance improvements.
- In the 6GHz band, spectrum resources up to 1200MHz are added. This can increase the capacity of the Wi-Fi network and increase the number of data transmission and reception paths on the current basis.
- In addition to supporting 160MHz channels in the 5GHz band, the dual-band 160MHz feature can also support up to 7 non-overlapping channels in the 6GHz band.
- Covers all frequency bands and supports uplink/downlink MU-MIMO and OFDMA mobile technologies.
- The new Wi-Fi 6 uplink MU-MIMO feature increases network capacity by more than 2.5 times.
- Meet the wireless VR level delay (<3ms) required by the headset.
- Thanks to the 14-nanometer process technology and power management architecture, energy efficiency increases by up to 50% compared to previous generation platforms.
FastConnect 6900/ 6700 Bluetooth 5.2
FastConnect 6900 and 6700 integrate Bluetooth 5.2 audio technology. This can greatly improve the wireless connection experience. The key features include:
- Supports Bluetooth 5.2 and above connections: The Bluetooth 5.2 solution includes a second Bluetooth antenna that supports smart switching. It can also cope with common signal occlusion problems.
- Bluetooth sound quality: Qualcomm aptX Adaptive supports audio up to 96kHz and also provides an ultra-wideband calling experience.
Currently, Fast Connect 6900 and 6700 solutions are being sampled and will probably ship in the second half of 2020.