While Huawei adds new models to its mid-range phones, it continues to implement its renaming strategy. The company has launched a new smartphone called Huawei P Smart S in Italy, but, it’s actually a rebranded version of the Huawei Enjoy 10s launched in October 2019.
Huawei P Smart S has a 6.3-inch OLED display that offers Full HD+, i.e. 1080 × 2400 pixels resolution, in 20:9 format. The smartphone has an in-display fingerprint reader and a 16MP front camera in a small notch.
Huawei P Smart S features and price
The phone is powered by the Kirin 710F, which is an eight-core processor produced with a 12 nm production process and running at 2.2 GHz and has the Mali-G51 MP4 graphic unit.
The main camera of the Huawei P Smart S, which comes with 4 GB RAM and 128 GB storage, has a 48 MP sensor. This camera is accompanied by an 8 MP ultra-wide-angle sensor and 2 MP depth detection sensor.
Powered by a 4000 mAh battery and supporting 10W fast charging, the phone measures 157.4 x 73.2 x 7.75 mm and weighs 163 grams. The phone comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack and has a USB-C port. The phone, which comes out of the box with the EMUI 10.1 user interface, does not include Google applications.
The price of the Huawei P Smart S is 249.90 Euros (about $282). The phone, is available for sale in Italy and comes in two different color options.
Huawei P Smart S specifications
- 6.3-inch ( 2400 x 1080 pixels pixels) FHD+ 2.5D curved glass OLED display
- Octa-Core Kirin 710F 12nm (4 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 +4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53) with ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 2-megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 157.4 x 73.2 x 7.75mm ; Weight: 163g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery
Chinese manufacturing giant, Huawei, is quite good with updates for its smartphones. Its latest update, EMUI 10.1 has been around for some time. Many Huawei and Honor devices already have the beta version of this update. A couple of weeks ago, the company announced that EMUI 10.1 beta was available for 15 Huawei/Honor devices. After that, the company showed that 13 Huawei/Honor devices are now receiving the stable EMUI 10.1 update. Now, the company has confirmed 36 Huawei and Honor models in plans to get the update.