Back in the last month, Realme unveiled a series of new products to prove that the brand is not just about smartphones. Among these new products, we have the company’s series of Realme TVs and the Realme Watch. The latter marks the company’s big entrance in the competitive trend of smartwatches. Interestingly enough, the market of smartwatches was one of the few that managed to overcome the crisis imposed by COVID-19. For this fact, we can understand why companies are continuously jumping in this trend. With new products, come new concerns regarding the software. Thankfully, Realme is becoming known for its good software support. Today, the firm is rolling out its second software update.
The new software update bumps the Realme Watch to the 81.0 software version. Among the goodies introduced with this update, we have better management for notifications. The smartwatch will now display up to 10 notifications in the form of a drop-down list. Previously, the wearable only displayed one notification just like the Realme Band. It wasn’t good since new notifications could easily replace the older ones, and could easily miss an important alert. This has been one of the biggest complaints from the Realme Watch users. It’s good to see how Realme has quickly responded to this issue and provided an update to deliver users what they want.
In addition, the update also introduces support for seven new languages and allows the user to enable and disable Do Not Disturb (DND) mode automatically at the preferred time. Besides, the firmware optimizes the battery life even more. Last but not least, we have to mention a bunch of bug fixes that are coming through this update. You can check the full changelog of the update below:
Realme Watch update changelog
- Multilingual UI: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Russian, and Ukrainian language options added to the boot menu.
- Full Character Library: Currently supported languages can use text formats to send message notifications, music messages, and weather regions.
- Multi-Message Alerts (10 items): The main dial drop-down is a multi-message management interface that displays the last 10 messages (excluding missed calls).
- Heart rate high/low reminder: Only two consecutive points (10 minutes) exceeds the threshold value. It will only remind the high or low heart rate if two consecutive readings are higher or lower than the threshold to reduce error.
- Blood Oxygen level will have history progress data.
- Added the function of automatically opening the control interface when the music is playing: First time when you open a music or media app, the watch will automatically show the music control interface.
- Holding the power button for three seconds shows power off and restart options on the screen.
- The charging interface will show time along with the charging percentage.
- DND Mode: Ability to schedule duration added on the watch.
- Brightness adjustment supports full-screen sliding.
The new update is rolling out over the air and users can easily install it through the Realme Link app. You’ll get an update prompt in the app’s Realme Watch section as soon as you open it. If for whatever reason, it doesn’t open up, head over to the Device Upgrade menu in the Realme Watch’s settings in the Realme Link App to check for the update manually.