The support page for the new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G has already appeared on the company’s website, although the launch of the smartphone is only scheduled for August 5. It even shows the model of the smartphone – SM-F707N. This means that there is almost no doubt about the authenticity of previous leaks. In addition, the device has been certified by TENAA.
Galaxy Z Flip 5G has appeared on Samsung official website
The support page did not reveal almost any data, but thanks to the certification passed by the FCC, there are more confirmed characteristics. Now we know that the smartphone will receive an additional screen, the diagonal of which will be only 1.05″.
Other specifications were disclosed by the famous Chinese insider Digital Chat Station. He claims that the new product will have an advanced Snapdragon 865+ processor, and the main AMOLED screen will receive a resolution of 2636×1080 pixels and a diagonal of 6.7″. The selfie camera will also be improved, now it will be not 10, but 12 MP, and will be installed at the back 2 modules – at 12 and 10 MP.
Gizchina News of the week
Otherwise, no major changes are expected, this is still not a new smartphone, but an updated version of the regular Z Flip presented last year with support for 5G networks.
Recall that in addition to this folding device on August 5, Samsung will also show the Galaxy Fold 2 and Galaxy Note 20.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2636 x 1080 pixels) 21.5:9 Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display, external/cover 1.1-inch (300 x 112 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- SoC: Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.95 GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.41GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.78GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB RAM with 256GB storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP f/2.4
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor (digital, analog), Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor, and Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou; Enhanced 2X2 MIMO, 5CA, LTE Cat.16 Up to 1.0Gbps Download, LTE Cat.13 Up to 150Mbps Upload, Up to 1.0Gbps Download / Up to 150Mbps Upload
- SIM: Nano-SIM + eSIM
- Security: Samsung Knox, secure folder, facial recognition
- Dimensions: Folded: 73.6 x 87.4 x 17.3 mm (Hinge) – 15.4mm (Sagging), Unfolded: 73.6 x 167.3 x 7.2 mm – 6.9mm (Screen); Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with 15w fast charging, 9w Qi wireless charging
- Colors: Mirror Black, Mirror Purple, and Mirror Gold