News about Google Pixel 4a appears almost every day. All because of the complete uncertainty around the smartphone and the date of its presentation – some say that it will be shown very soon, others say that the presentation will be postponed to October. Today there are several more arguments in favor of the first opinion.
Google seems ready to launch the Pixel 4a line
Proponents of the theory of fast launch do not miss the opportunity to put any evidence related to Pixel smartphones as proof. Today, for example, many have stated that the news of the discontinuation of Pixel 3a in the U.S undoubtedly hints at the upcoming launch of the Pixel 4a.
In fact, this opinion is definitely not worth debating. Released in May last year, the Pixel 3a was available for less than $400. Now that the device is completely out of date, Google decided to stop delivering it, and it says “out of stock” in the official Google Store near the product icon.
At the same time, the new Pixel 4a is actively undergoing certification. Just yesterday, the smartphone appeared in BIS and IMDA, and before that, it appeared in the FCC. Almost always, such a large amount of noise means the manufacturer’s intention to soon make a presentation.
And, apparently, there really is a desire. This is confirmed by a fairly reputable insider, John Prosser, who in May announced the date of the show – July 13. There are not enough reasons to not believe him at the moment, but until Google makes an official announcement, any information should be taken with some skepticism.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the Google Pixel 3a and 3a XL.
Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL specifications
- Pixel 3a – 5.6-inch (1080 x 2220 pixels) FHD+ OLED 18.5:9 display, 441 PPI, HDR support, Dragontrail glass protection
- Pixel 3a XL – 6-inch (2160×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 18:9 display, 400 PPI, HDR support, Dragontrail glass protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 670 ( 2 x 2GHz Kryo 360 (performance) + 6 x 1.7GHz Kryo 360 (efficiency)) 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 615 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12.2MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.4μm pixel size, ƒ/1.8 aperture, 76° FOV, Dual PD auto focus, OIS, EIS, 4K video recording at up to 30 fps, 720p at up to 240 fps
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84° FOV, 1.12μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor
- Active Edge
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo front-firing speakers, 2 microphones
- Pixel 3a Dimensions: 151.3 x 70.1 x 8.2mm; Weight: 147g
- Pixel 3a XL Dimensions: 160.1 x 76.1 x 8.2 mm; Weight: 167g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C Gen 1 , NFC
- 3000mAh (Pixel 3a) / 3700mAh (Pixel 3a XL) battery with 18W fast charging