At last year’s I/O conference, Google launched the Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL smartphones. These smartphones initially cost less than $500, making them very popular in 2019. They were also one of the attractive mid-range Android smartphones at the time. However, Google recently confirmed that it has stopped the production of the Pixel 3a series. In addition, the company does not have any stock of these smartphones. The company said
Google Store has sold through its inventory and completed sales of Pixel 3a. For people who are still interested in buying Pixel 3a, the product is available from some partners while supplies last.
Both smartphones can still be purchased through third-party retailers. The Pixel 3a is currently priced at $349 on Amazon.
Gizchina News of the week
Google’s termination of the Pixel 3a series may also mean that it is finally ready to launch its successor. The Google Pixel 4a was originally scheduled to arrive at this year’s I/O event. However, the event has been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic. As of now, there is no new launch date for the Pixel 4a.
The Google Pixel 3a comes with a 5.6-inch OLED display with a resolution of 2220×1080. Its sibling, Pixel 3a XL, uses a 6-inch OLED display with the same resolution. The Pixel 3a arrives with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. A Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 processor is behind its performance. In the camera department, the Pixel 3a has a single 16MP rear camera as well as an 8MP front camera. This smartphone is available in three colors which include white, black, and light purple.
Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL specifications
- Pixel 3a – 5.6-inch (1080 x 2220 pixels) FHD+ OLED 18.5:9 display, 441 PPI, HDR support, Dragontrail glass protection
- Pixel 3a XL – 6-inch (2160×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 18:9 display, 400 PPI, HDR support, Dragontrail glass protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 670 ( 2 x 2GHz Kryo 360 (performance) + 6 x 1.7GHz Kryo 360 (efficiency)) 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 615 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12.2MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.4μm pixel size, ƒ/1.8 aperture, 76° FOV, Dual PD auto focus, OIS, EIS, 4K video recording at up to 30 fps, 720p at up to 240 fps
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84° FOV, 1.12μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor
- Active Edge
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo front-firing speakers, 2 microphones
- Pixel 3a Dimensions: 151.3 x 70.1 x 8.2mm; Weight: 147g
- Pixel 3a XL Dimensions: 160.1 x 76.1 x 8.2 mm; Weight: 167g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C Gen 1 , NFC
- 3000mAh (Pixel 3a) / 3700mAh (Pixel 3a XL) battery with 18W fast charging