LG was a company that has long been famous for its reputation for neglecting its old devices. With their recent changes, LG is trying to change that mind.
LG stated that some older flagship phones will have the same update as its recent Velvet smartphone. It was stated that the comments made by users through social media and support channels were also effective in making the decision.
Several LG smartphones will be upgraded to Velvet UI
Some of the innovations that Velvet UI includes are new volume adjustment settings, notification bar color adjustment and additional call notification settings. As for the devices that will receive the update, LG has announced that there will be an update for these six flagship phones:
- LG V50 ThinQ
- LG V50S ThinQ
- LG-V40 ThinQ
- LG V35 ThinQ
- LG G8 ThinQ
- LG-G7 ThinQ
Another known information was whether LG will offer these updates to phones in other markets other than South Korea. It is learned that LG’s current plan is to release this update only to Korean users, there is no information whether they will release the updates to other countries in the future.
Gizchina News of the week
LG Velvet 4G edition will arrive soon with Snapdragon 845 and 6GB RAM
It is worth to mention that recently, LG has presented its new Velvet smartphone last month. The Velvet model stands out from other devices by its simple and good looking design. But the good impression was spoiled by the high price, which Koreans want to fix by releasing a version without a 5G modem.
Recall: the basic version of LG Velvet has a Snapdragon 765 processor on board, which has an integrated 5G modem. However, as not everyone will be able to connect to the new generation of networks, LG decided to launch a 4G LTE edition. To this end, the newer processor was abandoned in favor of a SoC of two years ago.
Yes, LG Velvet will arrive with Snapdragon 845, which is the chipset that was present in the flagships of 2018. It has similar capabilities to the mid-range Snapdragon 765 SoC but has one big advantage. It is noticeably cheaper to buy. In this way, LG can significantly reduce the price of this version of the smartphone.
LG VELVET specifications
- 6.8-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20.5: 9 aspect ratio OLED display
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide lens, 5MP depth sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh (Typical) battery with fast charging, 10w wireless charging