Last year, Samsung tried out a new strategy, releasing a lightweight version of the flagship Galaxy S10. It seems that this year, we will also see the Galaxy S20 Fan Edition or Galaxy S20 Lite. It was rumored that the smartphone will have a 50 megapixels with the ISOCELL Bright GN1 sensor in the main camera, but today Sammobile denied this information.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition (Galaxy S20 Lite) camera details revealed
A source citing informants in South Korea reports that the smartphone will receive a triple rear camera: 12 Mp + 12 Mp (ultra-wide-angle sensor) + 8 Mp (telephoto lens, 3x optical zoom). The selfie camera will be 32-megapixel.
The Galaxy S20 Fan Edition should arrive with a Snapdragon 865 chip, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, a 6.5-6.7-inch display and fast charging technology. As a software platform, they promise Android 10 with a new version of the One UI 2.5 proprietary user interface.
It is expected that the premiere of the smartphone will take place in October and by the end of the year, the company plans to sell 5 million devices. Estimated price tag – $750. For comparison, about $685 was the price at the start of sales for the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite.
The specs of the Galaxy S20 Fan Edition (S20 Lite)
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition, which is likely to come to some markets as the Galaxy S20 Lite, was detailed by the insider Ice Universe. He states that the phone will arrive in the fourth quarter of 2020, once again clarifies that the model has a Snapdragon 865 processor. You remember, the model was said to be built on Snapdragon 855 or Snapdragon 765G processor, not Snapdragon 865.
The phone should use an AMOLED screen. In this model, there is a chance that 120 Hz will not be presented in the highest resolution, just like the normal Galaxy S20 family. The price of the phone, which will carry a screen hole for its front camera, should be lower than the S20 models. However, there is still no clear figure. However, the phone will also support IP68 protection.
Earlier, in January this year, the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite has been introduced, and here is a reminder of its specifications:
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite specifications
- 6.7-inch Full HD+ (2400×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O Display with 394ppi
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (Max. 2.8 GHz + 2.4 GHz + 1.7 GHz) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, Super Steady OIS. 12MP Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture. 5MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio
- Samsung Pay
- Dimensions: 75.6 x 162.5 x 8.1mm; Weight: 186g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4,500mAh battery with 25W fast charging