Oppo rolled out the ColorOS 7 update for the OPPO R15 which brought Android 10 OS. Now, two new smartphones are joining the list of devices running the last year’s Android 10 which until Android 11 comes out is the most recent available. The update is reaching two smartphones that are essentially the same things – The Oppo F15 and Oppo A91. The company unveiled the OPPO A91 in China in December 2019, then it decided to release the same phone in India as the OPPO F15 a month later. If you’re not satisfied, the company even released a global OPPO A91. Both the India F15 and Global A91 share the same software. For that reason, the new Android 10-based ColorOS 7 update comes for both devices.
As you may expect, the ColorOS 7 build brings everything that Google introduced with Android 10. That includes a System-Wide Dark Mode and Full-Screen Gestures. However, that’s not the only thing. When it comes to Oppo skin, the company made a massive improvement on its software branch. Users of these phones will now enjoy a much cleaner and intuitive UI. It also boasts redesigned iconography, an optimized Game Space, and more. The current stable Android 10 build for the OPPO F15 and A91 carries CPH2001PUEX_11.C.11 build number. It’s available for download in India and several other global markets.
Gizchina News of the week
Android 10 based Color OS 7 update for OPPO F15 / A91 changelog
- The brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
- Optimized user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
- Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release it to share it, or drag it down and release it to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
- New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
- Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- New Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
- New Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added all new charging animation.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
- Added a pause function for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system pre-loaded ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
- New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
- Optimizations for visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimized the startup animation for Game Space.
- More live wallpapers.
- Added Art+ static wallpapers.
- Customize whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
- Customization for the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
- Improvements for the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
- More screen-off clock styles.
- Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- New Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimized the Camera UI for a better user experience.
- Optimizations for the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimizations for the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognizes more than 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports a fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
- Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).