Google is gearing up to launch new flagship products. Not so long ago, the company introduced its budget smartphone Google Pixel 4a, and it is definitely not going to stop there. Moreover, the company is clearing warehouse space for the next generation of its smartphones.
In early July, Google stopped selling the Pixel 3a. And now the company has announced that the same fate awaits the flagship Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL. Currently, these smartphones have been removed from the manufacturer’s official website.
Google has stopped selling and manufacturing the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL
Google has confirmed that they are discontinuing the production and sale of the Pixel 4 line through their official Google Store. Models will be available in other stores while stocks last. The company confirms that smartphones will receive operating system updates and monthly security updates until October 2022.
The discontinuation of sales, announced just 9.5 months after the release, is extremely uncommon for the company – after all, the next generation has not yet been announced. Since the Pixel 4a won’t go on sale in the US until August 20, this means that a fresh smartphone from the factory won’t be available to the Americans for a few more weeks.
Google never discloses data on the sales of its devices, but analysts suspected a noticeable decline in interest in the company’s products. Typically, the company sells last year’s flagship at a significant discount within months of launching the next generation to clear up inventory. It looks like Google didn’t want to create a surplus this year.
We will find out about the new Pixel 5 very soon.
Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL specifications
- Pixel 4 – 5.7-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 19:9display, 444 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Pixel 4 XL – 6.3-inch (2960 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ OLED 19:9 display, 537 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (Max 2.84GHz + 2.42Ghz + 1.8GHz) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB DDR4X RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12.2MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.4μm pixel size, ƒ/1.7 aperture, 77° FOV, Dual PD auto focus, OIS, EIS, 16 MP Telephoto lens, 1μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, Spectral + flicker sensor, 4K video recording at up to 30 fps, 720p at up to 240 fps
- 8MP auto focus front camera with 1.22μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 90° FOV, 1080p 30fos video recording
- Active Edge
- Water and dust Resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers, 3 microphones
- Pixel 4 Dimensions: 147.1 x 68.8 x 8.2mm; Weight: 162g
- Pixel 4 XL Dimensions: 160.4 x 75.1 x 8.2mm; Weight: 193g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C Gen 1 , NFC
- Pixel 4– 2800mAh (Pixel 4) / 3700mAh (Pixel 4 XL) battery with 18W fast charging, Qi wireless charging