Rumors about UMIDIGI BISON have been swirling recently and the company has now formally announced it. With key features 48MP sony quad camera, IP68 & IP69K water resistance, two customizable buttons and a rugged yet sleek design, UMIDIGI BISON is created for those who like sports and outdoors and still opt for a sleek camera phone design.
Sony Cameras Front and Back
UMIDIGI puts the Sony flagship sensors on UMIDIGI BISON to make it a good camera phone. On the back, you’ll find four rear cameras. There’s the Sony main camera, which is a 48-megapixel Sony sensor — the same one found on many flapships like the OnePlus 8. That’s joined by a 16-megapixel ultra-wide angle camera, 5-megapixel depth lens and a 5-megapixel macro lens that lets you focus close-up on tiny details. On the front is the Sony 24MP selfie camera, to let you see the accurate details on your face.
Rugged yet sleek design with IP68 & IP69K
Sport and outdoors lovers require a more robust and camera oriented smartphone to record their lives and they may need the UMIDIGI BISON as help. The device appears to be light and thin but it really is rugged with its IP68 and IP69K rating. IP68 means it’s water resistant in up to 1.5 meters of water for up to 30 minutes and protected from dust, dirt, and sand. IP69K lets the phone withstand the thermal steam wash test, resisting high water pressure of 100 bar(1450 psi) and high water temperature of 80 ℃. Also, the BISON offers an extra sensor barometer and a lanyard hook to help your adventure.
Two Independent Customizable Buttons
UMIDIGI BISON comes with 2 independent customizable keys. You can set depending on what action you want them to do, such as Push-to-Talk, underwater camera mode and emergency call.
Edge-to-Edge Display with Corning Gorilla Glass
The phone boasts a 6.3” FHD+ full screen that is almost edge-to-edge. The touchscreen can be used even when you’re wearing gloves with the glove mode. For the rugged feature, the front panel is protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass.
6GB + 128GB with Liquid Cooling System
The processor of UMIDIGI BISON has eight cores and it’s backed up by 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB of UFS 2.1 storage. Moreover, the phone has the liquid cooling system and It should be powerful enough for anything you’re likely to throw at it, providing a smooth and lag-free experience. And for the battery life, the 5000mAh battery is enough to last more than one day.
Price and Availability
The company has still not unveiled the price and global sale date of the BISON. We expect the price would be under $250 when it is available globally. Now UMIDIGI BISON is already listed at its AliExpress store and you can add it to cart first to get further information.
Lastly, to improve users’ experience, UMIDIGI is giving away 10 units UMIDIGI A7, and you can join the giveaway and learn more on UMIDIGI’s official website.
UMIDIGI BISON Full Specs
- Screen: 6.3″ FHD+ Waterdrop Screen
- CPU: MediaTek, Helio P60, 4xCortex-A73, 2.0GHz & 4xCortex-A53, up to 2.0GHz
- GPU: ARM Mali G72 MP3, up to 800MHz
- RAM: 6GB, LPDDR4X dual-channel
- Storage: 128GB, UFS 2.1
- Rear camera:
- 48MP Sony primary camera, 1/2” image sensor, 1.6μm 4-in-1 super pixel, F/1.79 aperture, 6-element lens
- 16MP ultra wide angle camera, FOV 120° , 5MP depth camera, 5MP macro camera, 2cm macro distance
- Front camera: Sony 24MP, F/2.0 aperture, 5-element lens
- Water, dust, shock resistant: IP68, IP69K
- Dedicated keys: Two independent customizable buttons
- Connectivity: Dual 4G / Dual VoLTE
- 4G: FDD-LTE: B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28A /28B /66
- TDD-LTE: B34 /38 /39 /40 /41
- 3G: WCDMA: B1 /2 /4 /5 /6 /8 /19
- TD-SCDMA: B34 /39
- 2G: GSM: B2 /B3 /B5 /B8
- GPS, Glonass, Galileo
- USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.2, OTG
- Battery: 5000mAh, 18W Fast Charge
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 79.9 x 12.8 mm
- Weight: 250g
- Sensors: Side-Mounted Fingerprint Sensor, Barometer, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass
- Colors: Cyber Yellow, Lava Orange