The flagship smartphone should always be a great camera phone. Smartphone manufacturers understand this well, so they are trying to lure users with the number of cameras and megapixels. And more recently, zoom performance. At one time, Oppo was among those companies who realized that shooting with zoom is the future and at MWC 2017 introduced 5X Precision Optical Zoom technology, which allows you to realize 5X optical zoom in a smartphone camera without using a large lens.
Oppo unveils the best version of the periscope camera for a smartphone
Oppo continues to work in this direction and has introduced a new generation periscope camera. At this stage, this is only a separate sensor, but the company promises that smartphones with it will be presented soon. Its resolution is 32 megapixels and the Quad Bayer technology is implemented. The camera received a seven-element lens with the ability to adjust the focal length from 85 mm to 135 mm, which will achieve an approximation of 3.3x to 5.2x (280 mm).
You can connect software that will help you realize the 11x hybrid zoom. At maximum magnification, the aperture is variable from f / 3.3 to f / 4.4. The company also announces the presence of a 16-bit high-frequency driver, which will be responsible for the autofocus and optical stabilizer.
It is worth mentioning that the best Oppo smartphone in terms of camera performance is the Oppo Find X2 Pro, the smartphone has been launched in March, it occupies the 4th position in the DxoMark rating, and here is a reminder of its specifications.
OPPO Find X2 and Find X2 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch (3168 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ OLED 2.5D curved glass display with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 800 nits brightness, 1200 nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage for Find X2 / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.0) storage for Find X2 Pro
- Android 10 with ColorOS 7.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Find X2 — 48MP primary camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, OIS + EIS. 12MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX708 sensor, 3cm macro. 13MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5x hybrid zoom, up to 20x digital zoom
- Find X2 Pro— 48MP primary camera with Sony IMX689 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 7P lens LED flash, OIS + EIS, 48MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX586 sensor, 3cm macro, 13MP perisope telephoto camera with f/3.0 aperture, 20x hybrid zoom, up to 60x digital zoom, OIS
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water and Dust Resistance (IP68 for Find X2 Pro) / Splash Resistant (IP54 for Find X2)
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos, 3 microphones
- Find X2 Dimensions: 164.9×74.5× 8mm; Weight:196g (ceramic) / 187g (glass)
- Find X2 Pro Dimensions: 165.2×74.4× 8.8mm (ceramic); Weight:207g (ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Find X2 — 4200mAh battery with 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 flash charge
- Find X2 Pro — 4260mAh battery with 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 flash charge