Samsung won the race for smartphones with foldable screens but lost primarily to itself in terms of reliability and self-sufficiency of the technology. Only the lazy did not write about screen damage, dead pixels and imperfection of the Galaxy Fold hinge mechanism. And many more complained about the crease that forms at the fold and spoils the visual perception of the display. And it seems that the new Galaxy Z Fold 2 will not solve these problems.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 appeared in a video and it’s not perfect
Alas, today’s technology development has not allowed the company to solve the problem of “wrinkles” on the screen. In addition, videos showing the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 appeared on the network, where you can see that a distinct fold is visible at the fold. But do not forget that the second generation of a foldable smartphone is just a demonstration of technologies, an attempt to take one more step forward towards improving them. Also, there is no commercial interest in big sales, the goal is to test the technology and test the perception of users about the new form factor.
— Abhishek Yadav (@yabhishekhd) August 19, 2020
Recall that at the August Unpacked event, the company only showed the Galaxy Z Fold 2, but it intends to make a full announcement on September 1, where it will tell about all the details. In addition, sales of the foldable device should start in the second half of September and can require about $2000.
It is worth to mention that recently, the company has revealed the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra smartphones, and here is a reminder of the Ultra model.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra specifications
- 6.9-inch Quad HD+ (3088 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display, HDR10+,496PPI, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1500 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 108MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, Laser AF Sensor. In addition to 12MP Periscope lens with f/3.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 5X optical zoom, Super-Resolution Zoom up to 50X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164.8 x 77.2 x 8.1mm; Weight: 208
- Bluetooth enabled S Pen with Pressure levels: 4096, Pen tip diameter: 0.7 mm, IP68
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with 45W fast charging, wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare