Today, more than ever, the protection of our children has become essential in this fully-connected world. Parents need to ensure that their kids are safe online, that they are not being bullied, accessing inappropriate content, and – most importantly – that they are also safe in the real world. There is a huge variety of new technologies that allow parents to monitor their children in real-time and from anywhere in the world. For many parents, devices such as GPS smartwatches are becoming increasingly popular. However, you can also download some phone tracker applications that monitor not only your child’s location but also control the way they will interact with the smartphone.
What is GPS tracking? And a Phone Tracker?
GPS Tracking is as simple as it looks. It makes use of the GPS or Global Positioning Technology to check the exact geographical position of a target. We’ve seen several applications exploring this concept for quite some time. It has been mainly used by navigation apps in vehicles and even smartphones nowadays. However, during the past few years, we have been seeing a global trend that uses GPS to track children’s location and even activity. This technology composes the so-called Phone Tracker apps.
In this competitive market, there are several applications with GPS tracking for iOS or Android. One of the most common examples is Google Device Manager. However, among the best solutions in the market, we believe that Famisafe Parental Control is one of the most notable choices. We’ll drive through Famisafe Parental Control features through this article, and we will explain as it stands as one of the best mobile tracker application in the market.
FamiSafe Parental Control
FamiSafe is a powerful location tracking application that comes to serve your tracking needs! The application is supported by Android and iOS devices. So no matter your smartphone preference, you’ll be served with a powerful phone tracking software. We can list below some of the most notable features offered by this application:
- FamiSafe provides easy access to the live location of the phone you’re monitoring.
- It provides accurate information.
- Supports Web Filtering.
- App Blocking and App Activity Report features available straight out of the box.
- It detects Explicit Content and reports about Suspicious Photos.
- There are multiple scenarios where you can use the app. For instance, if your target device is lost or stolen you can use FamiSafe to track the device location as long as it has an internet connection.
- FamiSafe is a free phone tracker. You can access all functions by upgrading to a premium plan which is available at affordable prices.
- You don’t need to handle everything on your kid’s phone. After the initial setup, you can monitor everything from your own smartphone.
- It is available for Android and iOS
How FamiSafe works?
The process of getting FamiSafe in your smartphone and the target (kids) device is quite simple. You don’t need advanced skills on Android / iOS to get it to work. Worth noting that the first necessary step is to register an account since FamiSafe is an account-based product. If it’s your first login you can just register on the app start screen. As aforementioned, the app is available for demonstration with limited features. However, you can pick a paid plan for the full-fledged experience.
The first thing you need to do is to set up the application/service on your kid’s phone. The process is quite simple but involves getting a lot of permissions. This is just to ensure that all features will work seamlessly. Moreover, there is Administration permission that will ensure that your children will not accidentally uninstall the app.
How to Install FamiSafe on your children phone
- Log in with the account you’ve just created in the first step.
- Then a new screen will appear allowing you to determine if this is your Children Phone
- Select “Kids” and insert information about your children, i.e. Name and Age. After that, the app will ask for a set of permissions like Accessibility Control, Notification Access, and even Run as an Administrator.
Gizchina News of the week
- The “Run as Administrator” permission is quite important since it will prevent your children from accidentally deleting the app. Make sure to give all the necessary permissions and the app will work as expected.
- Worth noting that some Android smartphones come with battery saving settings. Make sure that the FamiSafe is allowed to bypass “battery-saving” restrictions since it needs to run on Background. The installation process on iOS is just as simple as on Android.
Installing FamiSafe in your smartphone
As you’ve just read, the process for installing FamiSafe in your kids’ smartphone is quite simple. The same applies to your smartphone, however, the operation is slightly different. You can download the app straight from the App Store, Google Play, or Amazon Store.
DOWNLOAD FAMISAFE APP ON YOUR SMARTPHONE
After that just log in to the very same account that is operating in your kid’s phone. After that, you’ll be able to check your kid’s device usage details and track the phone localization. You can set up more than a single device and switch between them by clicking on the upper right corner.
There is a multitude of features you can use through FamiSafe. It’s more than a GPS Location Tracker or Phone Tracker, it will allow you to monitor your kid’s internet usage, which apps he is using most and block some Internet Content for your Kids.
There are other powerful tools like one that allows the app to send you a notification once your kid enters a specific place. You can check location history to track your kids when they are out of home or you’re at work, for example.
For example, you can determine the app to notify you when your kid arrives at the school. The app is always checking your kid’s location in the background through GPS. Since we’re talking about notifications, you can also connect your kid’s social media in the application. The Explicit Content Detection will notify you if your kid gets a suspicious message with explicit or suspicious content. You can sync a plethora of social media apps like WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, just to give a few examples.
You can even set a pin on the application. This way, only you will be able to change and set up the application. Other interesting and notable features are:
- YouTube App Control
- Web Filter
- Safe Search which blocks explicit content from appearing in browsers.
As aforementioned, FamiSafe is available for several devices in a demo mode. However, if you want to experience all the features of this phone tracker with extensive and continuous support, you can opt for a paid plan.
- Monthly – $9.99 /month – Sync up to five devices on your account
- Annual – $4.99 /month – Sync up to 30 devices on your account
- Quarterly – $6.66 /month – Sync up to 10 devices on your Account
Worth noting that only users in the Premium plans will be able to check Browser History, Location History, Use the Smart Control Schedule, the Explicit Content Detection, and Suspicious Photos detection features. Moreover, the free plan only allows you to use up to 1 smartphone. In the end, if you want to monitor your children and get the best possible information, we strongly recommend you acquiring the Annual Plan which is cheap as $59.99. You can make the purchase straight from your smartphone via your OS in-app purchase system. However, you can also purchase a plan through the FamiSafe website. Your purchase will always be synced to your account and it’s not device dependant.
There are several phone tracker apps in the App Store, Play Store, and Amazon Store. However, only FamiSafe provides a full-fledged experience for you. It’s much more than a simple GPS tracking app, but a completely packed set of advanced tools to ensure that your children are safe and protected from explicit content. Nowadays, it’s so easy to access inappropriate or malicious content in the web. FamiSafe stands as an advanced tool that will allow you to keep protecting your kids without preventing them from accessing the internet.