With the Redmi Note 9 line, the company has managed to take it to the next level. Xiaomi managed to create devices that are balanced both in design and in specs. All models in the series received good displays, nimble chips and decent camera systems. But it seems that there is an issue with the camera. And it’s is not at all related to the quality of photographs.
The rear camera of the Redmi Note 9 series has a serious dust issue
In the network, some complaints began to appear about the main multi-module unit camera. Users began to report that the glass covering the lenses did not provide the required level of sealing. The bad assembly has led to the formation of gaps through which particles of dust and debris get inside. Redmi Note 9, Redmi Note 9 Pro and Redmi Note 9S suffer from this defect. Only the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max’s camera managed to avoid becoming a dust collector.
The first complaints about the devices began to appear a couple of months ago, but then the head of the global division of Xiaomi in Indonesia reported that there were isolated cases of contamination of the cameras, but still the company intends to strengthen control over the quality of product assembly. After that, the number of complaints practically disappeared, but after a while, the defect returned, and with it, the stream of complaints about the build quality of the back camera grew.
The appearance of the defect is entirely Xiaomi’s fault. But at the moment it remains silent and prefers not to comment on what happened. Those who have encountered such a problem are advised to contact the seller with a request to replace the defective unit.
Redmi Note 9 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 450nit(typ) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G85 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1), 4GB / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- 48MP rear cameras with Samsung GM1 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, PDAF, EIS, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro lens and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.25 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 1216 Linear speaker, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 162.38×77.2×8.95mm; Weight: 199g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh (typical) / 4920mAh (minimum) battery, 22.5W in-box charger, 9w reverse charging