Back in the last month, OnePlus gave an important step to leave the “startup” concept for once and all. The company released a mid-range smartphone called OnePlus Nord which effectively makes the company be more than just a firm releasing yearly flagship. In fact, reports and several leaks confirm that the company will bring more mid-range and entry-level phones this year, thus effectively making OnePlus a mainstream company.
The first OnePlus Nord is what we should call a premium mid-range smartphone featuring an OLED display and powerful camera setup with Optical Image Stabilization. Under the hood, the phone came with the Snapdragon 765G which ensures its 5G powers. Despite the appeal, the phone is rather limited in availability. So far, only customers in India and Europe can purchase an OnePlus Nord. The company did explicitly say that the phone will not be sold in the United States, but it said nothing about a launch in China. However, it seems that Chinese customers will not be able to purchase this phone as well.
Yesterday, reports emerged saying that the phone may be launching in China soon. However, an OnePlus official says otherwise. The news comes straight from ITHome who reported that a system development engineer at OnePlus has revealed that the OnePlus Nord will not be sold in China. Those certainly are bad news for customers in the country, however, there are still several offers in the budget segment with 5G connectivity.
Rumors state that the United States will only get the OnePlus Nord with Snapdragon 690 5G. Perhaps, the Chinese market will also get this variant.
ONEPLUS NORD SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.44-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 408 PPI 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with OxygenOS 10.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization, 8MP 119° ultra-wide camera with f/2.25 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4K video at 30fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 32MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX616 sensor, f/2.45 aperture, EIS, secondary 8MP 105° ultra-wide camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158.3×73.3×8.2mm; Weight: 184g
- USB Type-C audio, Superlinear speaker
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4115mAh battery with Warp Charge 30T Fast Charging (5V/6A)