Realme has just unveiled its cheapest 5G smartphone, the Realme V3 5G. It only costs $147 and is probably the most affordable 5G phone on the market overall.
Against this background, it is very amusing to remember that exactly a year ago iQOO Pro 5G was released, which at that time was also the most affordable device with support for fifth-generation networks. It only cost $535! That is, in just a year, the minimum price for smartphones with 5G fell by more than 3.5 times.
Realme V3 5G launched as the cheapest 5G smartphone in the market
Returning to the new Realme, its availability is primarily due to the SoC- this is MediaTek Dimensity 720. It should be remembered that this is a fairly productive platform. Moreover, the basic version of Realme V3 5G is equipped with 6 GB of RAM (LPDDR4X) and 64 GB of flash memory (UFS 2.1).
But the display here has a resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels with a diagonal of 6.5 inches. Also, the triple camera with 13, 2 and 2 megapixel sensors is unlikely to please. Frontal resolution – 8 megapixels.
But the smartphone should be very autonomous, since a 5000 mAh battery is installed here. There is fast charging with a power of 18 watts. Of the rest, we can note the USB-C port, the lack of NFC (perhaps the global version will have), dimensions of 164.4 x 76 x 8.6 mm with a weight of 190 g and two colors: gray and blue.
The $147 variant has 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of flash memory. There are also versions of 6/128 and 8/128 for $205 and $235, respectively.
Realme V3 5G specifications
- 6.52-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 LCD mini-drop display
- Octa-Core MediaTek Dimensity 720 7nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC3 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with Realme UI
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP 4cm macro and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164.4×76×8.6mm; Weight: 190g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4890mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging
It is worth to mention that alongside the Realme V3 5G, both Realme X7 and X7 Pro smartphones were announced, Oppo’s sub-brand officially released two new smartphones. The standard version comes with the Dimensity 800U processor. At the same time, the X7 Pro sports the Dimensity 1000+ processor. Both models come with the so-called new color ‘C Bit color’. The prices start at 1799 yuan ($264) and 2199 yuan ($322), respectively.