Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, has been releasing a lot of smartphones in recent times. However, most of these devices are simply rebrands of pre-existing devices with a little tweak. In some cases, the company releases the same device with a different name for a different market. While this strategy seems irritating to some smartphone enthusiasts, it is working well for Xiaomi. Yesterday, Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC was released in Europe with a 199 Euros starting price. However, there are reports that the Poco X3 is the global version of the Chinese Redmi Note 10 series.
Unlike Xiaomi Poco X3, Redmi Note 10 series supports 5G, which means that this smartphone will use a 5G processor (Xiaomi Poco X3 uses 4G Snapdragon 732G chip).
The AI benchmark previously exposed some information about Redmi Note 10. This smartphone will come with a MediaTek Dimensity 820 chip. This chip was first used by Redmi 10X and Redmi 10X Pro. It is a mid-to-high-end processor jointly developed by Redmi and MediaTek. For now, Redmi is enjoying an exclusive agreement for this processor.
There are also speculations that Xiaomi M2007J22C which recently got network access certification is the Redmi Note 10. As usual, the Redmi Note 10 series should be available in two versions, a standard version, and a Pro version. As for the price tag, it should come with a 1000+ yuan ($150+) starting price.
Gizchina News of the week
Taking into account that the Redmi Note series has always been Redmi’s star product, the global sales of the Redmi Note 7 series and the Redmi Note 8 series are above 10 million. Not surprisingly, the global sales of the Redmi Note 10 series could also exceed 10 million.
Poco X3 NFC specifications
- 6.67-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10, Corning Gorilla 5 protection
- Octa-Core (2.3GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 470 CPUs) Snapdragon 732G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX682 sensor, f/1.89 aperture, 13MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with 1.12μm, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with 1.75μm, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Splash resistant (IP53)
- Dimensions: 165.3×76.8×9.4mm; Weight: 215g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5160mAh battery with 33W fast charging