Previously, the Redmi 8A Dual in India had started to receive the MIUI 11 update with Android 10, but a couple of days later, now Xiaomi has started to roll out a new update for the Redmi 8A in China carrying the software version number MIUI 11 V126.96.36.199.PCPCNXM. The latest update for the Redmi 8A brings the new August 2020 security patch while fixing all the bugs from the previous update. Do note that, this update is only rolling out for users on China Global Stable ROM
This is a stable build and not a beta, and hence so we recommend users to update their device to this build as soon as possible. The update is based on Android 10 Q and possibly the last major update for the Redmi 8. Similar to all the other updates, this OTA update is rolling out in China exclusively over the air. This is a planned rollout so it may take some time to be available in all handsets.
For changes, The update brings software optimization and promises to provide a better user experience. Along with all the optimizations, it also improves the security and performance of the device while bumping up the software version. It also addresses many bugs which were reported in the previous build.
Changelog for Redmi 8A MIUI 11 V188.8.131.52.PCPCNXM with August Security Patch
- Updated Android Security Patch to August 2020. Increased system security.
As usual, users should ensure that they back up their data before attempting the download. Also, this update will not arrive on all units at the same time. Thus, if you have not gotten this update, just exercise some patience. Alternatively, you can go to settings to check for available updates manually.
REDMI 8A SPECIFICATIONS
In October last year, Xiaomi released the Redmi 8/8A mobile phone. Redmi 8A arrives with a 6.22-inch waterdrop screen. It also uses Corning’s fifth-generation gorilla protective glass. Under the hood, this smartphone boasts of a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor. In the camera department, it uses a single 12MP rear camera as well as an 8MP front camera. This smartphone also uses an in-built 5000 mAh battery which supports 18W fast charging. This is probably the most attractive part of this device. If you want more power, then choose the Redmi 8A. Other features on this device include a USB Type C interface, face unlocks support etc.
- 6.22-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display with 70.8% NTSC color gamut, 15001 contrast ratio, 270 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB eMMC 5.1 storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, Dual PD auto focus
- 8MP front-facing camera with, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.48×75.41×9.4mm; Weight: 188g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
How many of you have started to receive the update on the Redmi 8A with the August Security Patch? Do drop a comment down below.