Xiaomi’s offering in India, the Redmi 8A Dual has been one of the best budget smartphones of the year. It was launched with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box and has now started receiving a new update with the build number MIUI 11 v126.96.36.199.QCQINXM. The latest update brings a major change to the Redmi 8A Dual by upgrading the Android firmware version to Android 10 from Android 9.0 Pie.
This is a stable build and not a beta, and hence so we recommend users to update their device to this build as soon as possible. The update is based on Android 10 Q and possibly the last major update for the Redmi 8A Dual. Similar to all the other updates, this OTA update is rolling out in India exclusively over the air. This is a planned rollout so it may take some time to be available in all handsets.
For changes, The update brings software optimization and promises to provide a better user experience. Along with all the optimizations, it also improves the security and performance of the device while bumping up the software version. It also addresses many bugs which were reported in the previous build.
As usual, users should ensure that they back up their data before attempting the download. Also, this update will not arrive on all units at the same time. Thus, if you have not gotten this update, just exercise some patience. Alternatively, you can go to settings to check for available updates manually.
REDMI 8A SPECIFICATIONS
In October last year, Xiaomi released the Redmi 8/8A mobile phone. Redmi 8A arrives with a 6.22-inch waterdrop screen. It also uses Corning’s fifth-generation gorilla protective glass. Under the hood, this smartphone boasts of a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor. In the camera department, it uses a single 12MP rear camera as well as an 8MP front camera. This smartphone also uses an in-built 5000 mAh battery which supports 18W fast charging. This is probably the most attractive part of this device. If you want more power, then choose the Redmi 8A. Other features on this device include a USB Type C interface, face unlocks support etc.
- 6.22-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display with 70.8% NTSC color gamut, 15001 contrast ratio, 270 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB eMMC 5.1 storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, Dual PD auto focus
- 8MP front-facing camera with, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.48×75.41×9.4mm; Weight: 188g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging