Sony has many businesses that it uses to attract some good profit. However, its smartphone business is not one of them. Sony knows that it can not actively compete with regular smartphone makers in the market. This is why the Japanese manufacturer is trying to carve a niche for itself. If you need a smartphone with professional camera experience, then you may want to try the Xperia series. The company towed this path from the introduction of the Xperia 1 and 5. A few days ago, the company officially released the Sony Xperia 5 II. According to recent reports, this smartphone will be officially available in Hong Kong on October 9th.
The Sony Xperia 5 II is equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor, 8GB memory, and a built-in 4000 mAh battery. This smartphone also uses a 6.1-inch 21:9 OLED screen that supports HDR, 120Hz refresh rate, video insertion, and Creator mode. Furthermore, it comes with a side fingerprint sensor and an independent shutter button. It supports IP68/IPX5 waterproof.
Xperia 5 II also offers 128GB and 256GB storage options, support 1TB microSD expansion, and retains the 3.5mm headphone jack. Although this device does not support wireless charging, its fast charge capacity reaches 21W. In other respects, Xperia 5 II weighs 163 grams and is 8mm thick. It uses a 12-megapixel 1/1.7″ main camera + a 12-megapixel 16mm ultra-wide-angle + a 12-megapixel 3x (70mm) zoom lens with OIS. This smartphone will be available in three colours including black, blue, and pink.
Sony Xperia 5 II specifications
- 6.1-inch (2520×1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 1TB via microSD card
- Android 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, f/1.7 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS, ZEISS optics, 12MP f/2.2 aperture 124° ultra-wide-angle, 12MP f/2.4 aperture telephoto lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 3x optical zoom
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- Dimensions: 158 x 68 x 8mm; Weight: 163g
- 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 4000mAh Battery with USB-PD fast charging
As of now, the exact price of this smartphone in Hong Kong is still under wraps. However, this smartphone should cost no less than $900.