This year, OnePlus has followed the path of other vendors on the market, ditching only flagships and offering more affordable models. The firstborn was OnePlus Nord and at a price of 399 euros, it turned out to be interesting overall. But there were some problems, and many of them are related to software.
Only two months have passed since the debut of OnePlus Nord, and it has already received many updates, the first of which was rolled out the day after the announcement of the smartphone. But despite all the efforts of the developers, it was not possible to fix all the problems and patch the holes.
OnePlus Nord owners risk losing data due to spontaneous factory reset
In recent days, the number of complaints from OnePlus Nord owners has multiplied, who are faced with a spontaneous reset of all settings to factory settings. This leads to the fact that users lose all stored data, including photos, videos and other necessary files.
The company is aware of the issues and has reported that it is working on a fix. But at the moment on the OnePlus forums, there are no practical recommendations on how to prevent the malfunction or the reasons for what is happening. Disgruntled users are most disappointed that there is no feedback from the company and they have to wait for its employees to give a clear answer to complaints and what is happening.
OnePlus Nord specifications
- 6.44-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 408 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage. 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage. 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with OxygenOS 10.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization. 8MP 119° ultra-wide camera with f/2.25 aperture. 5MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture. 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4K video at 30fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 32MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX616 sensor, f/2.45 aperture, EIS, secondary 8MP 105° ultra-wide camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158.3×73.3×8.2mm; Weight: 184g
- USB Type-C audio, Super linear speaker
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4115mAh battery with Warp Charge 30T Fast Charging (5V/6A)