Most recently, Sony introduced a very good flagship Xperia 5 II smartphone, capturing the attention of people who have already forgotten about the mobile division of the Japanese company. And now, the company is ready to present another new product – Xperia 1 III, the release of which will be announced early next year.
And although before the release of the smartphone, we have to wait for some weeks, there are already some leaks on the Web that reveal the features of the new product. The last major leak was due to a reliable Japanese insider with close ties to Sony.
Sony is preparing for the release of the Sony Xperia 1 III
Japanese publication AndroidNext reported that they have information about the smartphone, based on data provided by a trusted insider. According to this leak, the device will offer a noticeable upgrade in terms of the camera and display. At the same time, there is no reliable information about the size of the camera and its resolution.
According to the leak, the Sony Xperia 1 III display will have a higher brightness level, about 15% more than its predecessor. The refresh rate should also increase. There are also rumors that the display could get 4K resolution, but this has not been confirmed in the current leak.
In addition, we expect improvements to the main camera module. As for the selfie camera, the aperture size will increase for better low-light performance.
At the moment, this is the only information a reliable publication has, but, as always with leaks, we will soon find out more.
Gizchina News of the week
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the previous generation model:
Sony Xperia 1 II specifications
- 6.5-inch (1644x3840pixels) 4K OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, X1 for mobile, Motion Blur Reduction, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 256GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 1TB via microSD card
- Android 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, 1/1.7″ sensor, f/1.7 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 12MP f/2.2 aperture 1/2.55″ 135° ultra wide-angle, 12MP f/2.4 aperture 1/3.4″ 34° telephoto lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 3x optical zoom, 960 fps Super slow motion, 3D iToF sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1/ 4″ Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speaker, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX HD audio
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 166 × 72 × 7.9mm; Weight: 181g
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 4000mAh Battery with 21W USB-PD fast charging, Qi Wireless charging
If u r going to make it a new flagship phone, definitely wait for the Snapdragon 875…. And more than 12MP on the cameras, that is sort of a sad value these days even though it doesn't necessarily translate to quality improvement.
If the can make it a hi ( qhd ) resolution WITH 120 hz display and keep the headphone jack ill sell my note 20 in 2 .2 seconds for it……..
Iphone = still garbage hz
no headphone jack
Samsuck= crappy resolution with higher hz when it feels like it
no headphone jack
Sony=Qhd with hi refresh rate
With headphone jack
Thats a easy win Sony you'd be an idiot not to do it..nows your chance