Realme has introduced a new smartphone of the Realme 7 line, presented in early September, which was named Realme 7i.
The Realme 7i has a 6.5-inch screen with a 90Hz refresh rate, but its resolution has been reduced to 720p. In addition, this model uses Snapdragon 662 SoC with Adreno 610 GPU.
The basic version of the Realme 7i received 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of flash memory, and there is also a slot for microSD memory cards. There is also a version that is has 128 GB of memory.
The battery capacity remains the same at 5000 mAh, while the charging power is reduced from 30 to 18 W. The main camera has a resolution of 64 megapixels, the wide-angle camera of the smartphone is 8 megapixels. Additionally, we have a camera sensor with a resolution of 2 Mp.
The price of the smartphone is 165 and 175 dollars depending on the amount of memory
Gizchina News of the week
Realme 7i specifications
- 6.5-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 662 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB UFS 2.1 storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with Realme UI
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP B&W sensor, 2MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.1 aperture
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 164.1×75.5×8.5~8.9mm; Weight: 188g
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
Realme smartphone with a sub-screen camera coming next year
The possibility of implementing a sub-screen camera in smartphones has been discussed for a long time. But the unpleasant fact is that the path from conversations to the final implementation of the idea is not a short one. True, ZTE decided to be a pioneer and has already rolled out the first smartphone with a camera under the screen – the Axon 20 5G. There was a minor scam on the part of the manufacturer as the implementation of the solution is not as good as you may expect.
It is known for sure that Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi and Oppo are working on the technology of the sub-screen camera. And Realme wants to be among the pioneers and carriers of innovations. They strive not to lose the race for the Xiaomi subscreen camera. True, Realme is unlikely to create something of its own. it will most likely adopt what will be created in the Oppo laboratories.
Nevertheless, one of the leaders of Realme has already posted a photo on the network with a hint that “we can also do it with a subscreen camera”. However, it is not worth waiting for the announcement of such a smartphone this year. Reliable source Digital Chat Station has announced that the mass production of under-display cameras for Realme’s needs will start next year. Next year promises a boom in smartphones with a camera under the display, and let’s see which of the manufacturers will be able to implement this solution better than others.