In April of this year, Xiaomi showed MIUI 12, which is still making its way to a number of the company’s models. Today we have some good news for Redmi Note 8 owners – Xiaomi has started sending out a global version of MIUI 12 based on Android 10 for this smartphone.
The global MIUI 12 based on Android 10 is released for the Redmi Note 8
The build number is “MIUI 188.8.131.52 QCOMIXM”. It weighs an impressive 2.1 GB. The global version of the firmware comes out a few weeks after the company rolled the update for the Chinese variant of Redmi Note 8. In addition to the standard innovations that Android 10 and MIUI 12 brings, the update contains the September Android security patch. It is worth remembering that the update will be rolled out in stages, covering more and more devices and regions every day.
Redmi Note 8 specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LCD screen, 450 nit brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage/ 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage; expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, Samsung ISOCELL GM1 sensor, PDAF, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 75.3×8.35mm; Weight: 190g
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA, FM Radio
- Splash proof (P2i nano coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging
Recall that Redmi Note 8 debuted in August last year; and then it was running Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10 user interface. The smartphone is equipped with a Snapdragon 665 chip, 4/6 GB of RAM, a 64/128 GB flash module, a display diagonal 6.3 inches FullHD + resolution and 4000mAh rechargeable battery with 18W fast charging. The main camera is quadruple 48 Mp + 8 Mp + 2 Mp + 2 Mp and the resolution of the selfie module is 13 Mp.
The Redmi Snapdragon 865 flagship is coming soon
It seems that Xiaomi has already launched all of its important new products for this year, but Redmi has not yet fulfilled the prime plan. The Xiaomi sub-brand does not hide the fact that it is preparing to present several more new products before the end of the year. There are surprises and products that are worth seeing. One of them is a flagship smartphone based on the Snapdragon 865 chip.
What kind of model it would be, we do not know. But a number of insiders suggested that the company will bring the Xiaomi Mi 10T to the Chinese market, but under a different name. It is assumed that the smartphone will become part of the Redmi K30 series and it may well be called the Redmi K30T; and its price tag will be lower than what is asked for the global version.
But whether the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and Mi 10T Lite models will come to the Chinese market is unknown. There is no information exactly when Redmi K30T will be presented; but at the level of assumptions, they say that the premiere will take place in October.