Samsung launched its flagship Galaxy S20 series smartphones this spring, but they fell short of the company’s expectations. Most recently, the South Korean giant launched the Galaxy Note 20 line, which was supposed to compensate for the weak sales of the Galaxy S20 series.
Sales of the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 are again below expectations
However, South Korean sources are now reporting that Samsung has cut production of the Galaxy Note 20 smartphone series. This indicates that smartphone sales are again falling short of the company’s expectations.
The report states that the company intended to release 900,000 units of the Note 20 line in October, but only produced 600,000 smartphones. The Galaxy Note 20 Ultra model dominates most of the sales while the demand for the Galaxy Note 20 model is still falling more.
The source adds that the company is preparing to begin production of the Samsung Galaxy S21 series smartphones from next month, and the launch batch will include 2 million smartphones.
The Galaxy Note 20 Ultra disappoints and takes tenth place in DxOMark
Gizchina News of the week
- Vivid and pleasant color
- Accurate target exposure and wide dynamic range
- Acceptable level of detail
- Good detail in long-range zoom shots
- Accurate exposure and white balance in ultra-wide shots
- Good exposure and color in very low light night scenes
- High detail in flash portraits
- Visible noise, especially in low light
- Inaccurate white balance measurements under some lab conditions
- Autofocus instabilities under benchmark lab conditions
- Strong fusion artifacts in medium- and close-range zoom shots
- Visible noise and artifacts in ultra-wide shots
- Accurate target exposure and wide dynamic range in most conditions
- Good texture-versus-noise tradeoff outdoors and indoors
- Generally vivid and pleasant color
- Effective stabilization in handheld still videos
- Fast autofocus reaction
- Autofocus instabilities in most conditions
- Low texture-versus-noise tradeoff in low light
- Visible white balance casts outdoors and indoors
- Color quantization, aliasing, moiré and cyan shift artifacts occasionally evident
When we take a look at the cameras of the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, a main camera with a resolution of 108 Megapixels (f/1.8) greets us. A telephoto camera with a resolution of 12 Megapixels (f/3.0 – OIS 5x optical zoom – 50x hybrid zoom) accompanies the main camera.
An ultra-wide-angle camera with a resolution of 12 Megapixels (f/2.2) also helps these cameras. On the front, a camera with a resolution of 10 Megapixels (f/2.2 – autofocus) serves users.