Chinese manufacturer, Meizu, is trying hard to keep its smartphone business. In recent times, the company’s phone business has been going down. Presently, we hardly get any report from Meizu with respect to smartphones. Despite its poor smartphone business, the company still managed to release the Meizu 17 series. This morning, Meizu announced that it has pushed the second update of Flyme 188.8.131.52A (stable version). However, the company claims that this stable update is still on the trial level.
The update adds picture editing and auto exposure/focus lock functions. It also adjusts the MEMC video motion compensation function. MEMC video dynamic compensation can supplement the source frame rate for the playback content, reduce screen jitter and smear, and improve the smoothness of movie viewing. Flyme 184.108.40.206A MEMC motion compensation currently supports Tencent video, Fantastic Art, beep miles, Sohu video, Meizu video, etc. Unfortunately, most of these features are only active in China.
It should be noted that when the barrage function is turned on, if the FPS value displayed on the screen is actually the barrage value, the video itself still has a dynamic compensation effect. At the same time, other video applications must be closed in the background to avoid interference.
In terms of new features, this update brings image editing and auto exposure/focus lock functions.
- Picture editing: from cropping, filter to parameter adjustment and sticker addition, parallel layout, coherent operation, assisting post-editing;
- Auto Exposure/Focus Lock: Focus in the viewfinder frame, adjust the exposure value, and recompose the picture after locking to reduce light interference and enrich the picture level.
New update for Meizu 17 series
According to a message on the official WeChat of Meizu Technology, the Meizu 17 series once again released an important update. This update brings MEMC dynamic interpolation compensation technology, leading a new round of system function upgrades.
Gizchina News of the week
According to reports, in addition to MEMC dynamic interpolation compensation technology, this update also includes GPU driver update strategy, “Flyme” fast pairing, camera auto exposure-focus lock, and new image editing functions.
It is interesting that Meizu Technology is still releasing updates for its smartphones despite its dwindling smartphone business.
The Meizu 17 series has two smartphones that include Meizu 17 and Meizu 17 Pro. These smartphones were released back in May. For those who may have forgotten what these devices offer, here is their specs sheet.
Meizu 17 and 17 Pro specifications
- 6.6-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1100nit (peak) / 700nit (Typ) brightness, 2000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 17 – 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 17 Pro – 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Flyme 8.1 based on Android 10
- 17 – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, 6 LED ring flash, 8MP Samsung 4H7 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 12MP depth of field lens with Sony IMX362 sensor with f/1.9 aperture, 5MP macro sensor with Samsung 5E9 sensor, f/1.9 aperture
- 17 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, 6 LED ring flash, 32MP Sony IMX616 129° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 3cm macro, 8MP OV08A10 telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture for 3x zoom, 3MP Samsung S5K33D ToF sensor with f/1.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual ultra linear speakers
- Dimensions: 160 x 77.2 x 8.5 mm; Weight: 199g / 219g (17 Pro)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 30W Super mCharge fast charging, 27W wireless fast charging for 17 Pro