Google Camera is one of the wonders among Android devices. It is the holy grail of Google Pixel smartphones since while other companies are relying on multiple-cameras to deliver high-quality shots, Google Pixels are sustained by powerful software. Pixel smartphones have blessed with this technology thus making them some of the best smartphones in the photography market. They have official support for advanced features like Astrophotography, High-Resolution Video Recording, AI-powered HDR, and many others. The community is fast, and after successful GCam iterations like Gcam 7.3 and 7.4, we finally have a working Gcam 8.0 mod for Android smartphones. The new updated version brings a set of interesting features and improvements. It has been bought to us by the hands of BSG, one of the leading developers in the GCam project.
What is Gcam?
In short, Gcam is a mod that aims to bring the Google Camera app to several smartphones and ensure that all features work with them. There are several variations of Gcam. Some are meant for multiple Android devices, while others are made specifically for a single smartphone. There multiple developers working on Gcam and an active community of users using the Mod.
Now developers gave a step further bringing the latest Gcam 7.3 with all its features.
Gcam 8.0 app main features:
- Automatic DND mode while using video-recording.
- Quick-Toggle for Video resolution changes
- New settings UI.
- 24FPS video recording.
- 4K@60fps Video recording
- Exposure controls to adjust brightness and HDR of your photo.
- Received Frequent Faces to help you capture Top Shot photos.
- Touch and Hold shortcut in the shutter button to capture Top Shot photos.
- AI adjustments.
How to download and install Google Camera 8.0 in your Android device
The new mod is almost available for every Android smartphone. There are some restrictions though, but the main one involves having support for camera2 API. Moreover, you’ll need to make sure that your device is running Android 10. Gcam 8.0 will not work with devices running Android 9.0 or below, but you can try your luck.
Gizchina News of the week
- Download the APK provided (It’s a beta build [work-in-progress] so might carry some bugs)
- Select and Install it ( You’ll be prompted with the request for allowing app installation from external sources, don’t worry the app is safe).
- Open the Google Camera once the icon appears in your launcher
- If you run an old version of Android, you can try and download Gcam 7.3, 7.2, 7.1, or any mod that is compatible with your version. There are some device-specific versions of GCam, you can refer to CelsoAzevedo’s repository for more.
- Make sure your device has camera2.API enabled. If you don’t know what is this, just type “camera 2 API checker, on Play Store. Download the respective app to make sure your device has support for it.”
- For more details, support, and feedback, you can check the BSG official page at the GCam repository. The developer also provides a Telegram channel where you can follow the development. Take in mind that all credits for this MOD go to BSG.
If you’ve followed the entire process, feel free to leave your impressions in the comments section below. Good Luck!
Disclaimer: The APK is from the repository of popular Gcam modder BSG. It’s a beta build, so might carry some bugs. All credits go for him and his respective partners.