With the ban on Huawei by the U.S., the company is struggling to meet up with the demand for the Mate 40 series. The Huawei Mate 40 was released in October this year. This smartphone comes with a 5nm SoC Kirin 9000E chip. This device went on pre-order today and its first outright sale will take place on December 21st. According to a report by the Financial Associated Press, after the pre-sale of the Huawei Mate 40 commenced at 10 o’clock (Chinese time), it instantly sold out on Huawei’s official website, Taobao, Jingdong, and other major platforms.
According to industry insiders, the Huawei Mate 40 series is still in short supply. In fact, Huawei is doing all it can to meet up with the high demand. However, it appears that Huawei’s best will not be enough to satisfy everybody. Potential buyers of the Huawei Mate 40 series have to be very vigilant to get a hold of this device. This scarcity is for the entire Mate 40 series and not just the standard version only.
It is not a surprise that the Huawei Mate 40 demand is so high. Its specifications lend credence to its demand. The Mate 40 comes with a 6.5-inch 68-degree curve screen (2376×1080 resolution) and a 90Hz refresh rate. The display also supports a 240Hz touch sampling rate and P3 color gamut. This device also comes with 2D face recognition as well as an on-screen fingerprint sensor.
In terms of cameras, the Mate 40 has a single front camera. It also uses a rear 50-megapixel main camera, a 16-megapixel ultra-wide-angle, and an 8-megapixel 3X telephoto lens. This smartphone has a built-in 4200mAh battery that supports 40W fast charging. The price of this device ranges from 4999 yuan ($764) to 5499 yuan ($840).
HUAWEI Mate 40 specifications
- 6.5-inch (2376 x 1080 Pixels) FHD+ OLED display,90 Hz refresh rate
- HUAWEI Kirin 9000E 5G (1 x Cortex-A77 3.13 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A77 2.54 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 2.05 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G78 MP22 GPU, Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM, 128GB storage
- Android 10 with EMUI 11
- 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 16MP ultra-wide Cine camera with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom, OIS, Laser Sensor, LED flash
- 13MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 158.6×72.5×8.8mm(Glass) / 9.2mm (Leather); Weight: 188g (Glass) / 184g (Leather)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4200mAh (typical) battery with 40W HUAWEI SuperCharge