A few hours ago, the Samsung Galaxy S21 series officially commenced pre-orders in China. According to the company, this device will be released on January 14th next year. It is worth mentioning that each user can only participate in this event once. The pre-orders look at ID card number, mobile phone number, and device number (IMEI, MEID, serial number, MAC address, etc). It also considers WeChat ID and Alipay account. If any of these numbers or accounts are the same, it will not approve the pre-order twice. Potential buyers should also take note of the following points
- Users who make advance reservations in mainland China in 2021 and apply for discounts will receive a lucky draw.
- The draw will be between 21 randomly selected pre-orders
- The exact lottery rules will be officially announced at the launch of the new product in China.
- Only pay 100 yuan ($15) to make an appointment through the “Samsung Member Club”. You can also use your WeChat service account and scan the unique QR code of the store within the advance reservation period.
- Advance reservation users will participate in trade-in when they purchase this phone in mainland China.
- Samsung will increase the value of the old participating phone by 10% looking at its actual valuation. However, the maximum price increase will be 500 yuan ($76).
Samsung Galaxy S21 with Snapdragon 888 appears on GeekBench
Recently, an unreleased Samsung smartphone with a model SM-G991U appeared in the GeekBench database. The machine sports a ‘Lahaina’ chipset, which is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chip released this week. This phone (the alleged Samsung Galaxy S21) also has 8GB of running memory and runs OneUI based on Android 11. As for the benchmark points, it currently has only one test result, 1075 points for single-core, and 2916 points for multi-core.
Gizchina News of the week
Earlier this year, the Galaxy S21+ equipped with Exynos processors benchmark test results hit public domain. Last month, the Galaxy S21+ (model SM-G996U) also appeared in GeekBench. From the screenshot, we can see that this model also uses the Snapdragon 888 chipset, supplemented by 8GB of memory.
Samsung Galaxy S21 (Confirmed) Specs
It may feature a 6.7-inch OLED LTPS panel with FHD+ resolution with 120Hz refresh rate. There will be two variants of the phone one with Snapdragon SoC that will be sold in China and the US. The second variant with Exynos SoC will be sold in all markets except the US and China. The smartphone may pack a triple-camera setup at the back with a 12MP primary camera, a 12MP ultra-wide camera lens, and a 64MP telephoto camera. The Samsung Galaxy S21 will come with a 3,880mAh battery. We believe that the typical capacity will be around 4,000mAh because it’s the rated capacity. Moreover, the device is set to come with 25W fast-charging, which is a little bit underwhelming.
Samsung Galaxy S21+ Specs
As for the S21 Plus, it will have a bigger 6.7-inch panel with FHD+ resolution. We have the same 120Hz refresh rate. Also, there is a triple-camera array comprising a 12MP + 12MP + 64MP shooters. While the camera setup does not bring significant changes, we have some software upgrades. It includes 4K @ 60 fps recording for all cameras, Super Steady Stabilization mode with 60fps support, and more. Other features include 8K@30 video recording, dual recording using front and back cameras, and a revamped moon mode. The phone has a 4,800mAh battery, which is a significant increase over its predecessor. The phone also has Android 11 with One UI 3.1 in tow.