DxOMark recently confirmed that the Huawei Mate 40 Pro+ has the best camera in the world with 139 points. This is 3 points higher than the previous best, Huawei Mate 40 Pro which toppled the Mi 10 Ultra to the number one spot. However, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra still remains the best in terms of zoom function. This latest ranking means that Chinese manufacturers now occupy the top 3 spots on DxOMark. However, the iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Pro occupies fourth and fifth respectively.
According to DxOMark, the Huawei Mate 40 Pro+ generally leaves very little to complain about. The camera exposure is accurate and the dynamic range is wide. It captures good images with no noise in low-light environments. However, when shooting with indoor lighting, there seem to be some exposure instabilities.
Main specifications of Huawei Mate 40 Pro+ camera:
- Primary: 50 MP 1/1.28″ sensor (12 MP output), 23 mm-equivalent (1x defined as 27 mm) f/1.9-aperture lens, full-pixel Octa-PD, OIS
- Ultra-wide: 20 MP 1/1.54″ sensor, 14 mm-equivalent f/2.4-aperture lens, PDAF
- Tele 1: 12 MP sensor, 70mm-equivalent f/2.4-aperture lens, PDAF, OIS
- Tele 2: 8 MP sensor, 240 mm-equivalent f/4.4-aperture lens, PDAF, OIS
- LED flash
- 4K video, 2160p/60 fps (2160p/30 fps tested)
- Multispectral color temperature sensor
- ToF 3D sensor
It is obvious that after the release of the P40 Pro at the beginning of the year, Huawei engineers have been non-stop trying to make the Mate 40 Pro series climb to the top. Based on the excellent performance of the P40 Pro, the new model has improved several aspects. Huawei did a lot of work on the dynamic range, which can well retain the highlights even in low light. This is difficult for many flagship phones to achieve. So this model is the best choice for low-light photography, and it can easily cope with all shooting challenges.
According to DXOMARK, the Mate 40 Pro+ is the second-best video model with good noise control, efficient anti-shake, and smooth autofocus adjustment, making it the most versatile smartphone in mobile shooting at this stage.
HUAWEI Mate 40 Pro+ specifications
- 6.76-inch (2772 x 1344 Pixels) FHD+ OLED display,90 Hz refresh rate
- HUAWEI Kirin 9000 5G (1 x Cortex-A77 3.13 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A77 2.54 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 2.05 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G78 MP24 GPU,Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM, 256GB storage (Mate 40 Pro) / 12GB RAM, 256GB storage (Mate 40 Pro+)
- Android 10 with EMUI 11
- Camera: 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 20MP Ultra-wide Cine camera with f/1.8 aperture, 12MP telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom, OIS, 8MP periscope camera with 10x Optical Zoom, OIS, 3D Depth Sensing ToF Camera, LED flash
- 13MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture, 3D Depth Sensing ToF Camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Water-resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions:162.9×74.5×8.8mm; Weight: 230g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual-band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4400mAh (typical) battery with 66W HUAWEI SuperCharge, 50W Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge