Immediately after the presentation of the iPhone 12 series, the new Apple smartphones have traditionally shown excellent sales figures. However, besides the banal good revenue, the Cupertino company has much to be proud of.
iPhone 12 series will be the best-selling 5G smartphones by the end of 2020
Counterpoint Research’s iPhone 12 sales estimates showed that the 2020 iPhones accounted for 24% of all 5G smartphone sales in October 2020.
Counterpoint Research analysts in their research have summed up that there is now a great demand in the market for updating old devices to new 5G smartphones, especially within the iOS base, which has always actively attracted and still attracts both new users and old fans of Apple technology. Interestingly, Apple itself decided not only not to talk about the number of devices sold; but in general to comment on this achievement in any way.
Launched at $1,300, the Samsung Galaxy Note Ultra 5G was ranked as the third most popular 5G device. It is followed by products from the Chinese brands Huawei and Oppo.
Apple introduced the iPhone 12 line of smartphones in October; but sales did not start immediately, but in several waves. The iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro hit store shelves in October. They were followed by the iPhone 12 mini and this year’s largest iPhone, the iPhone 12 Pro Max, in November.
Apple iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max specifications
- iPhone 12 Pro- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, Dolby Vision, Ceramic Shield protection
- iPhone 12 Pro Max -6.7-inch (2778×1284 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A14 Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, quad-core graphics
- 128GB,256GB and 512GB storage options
- iOS 14
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- iPhone 12 Pro- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens, 12MP Telephoto camera with f/2.0 aperture with 4x optical zoom range and Digital zoom up to 10x, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- iPhone 12 ProMax – 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, 1.7μm pixel size, Sensor-shift optical image stabilisation, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens, 12MP Telephoto camera with f/2.2 aperture with 2.5x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out, 5x optical zoom range and Digital zoom up to 12x, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- iPhone 12 Pro dimensions: 146.7 ×71.5×7.4mm; Weight: 187grams
- iPhone 12 ProMax dimensions: 160.8 ×78.1×7.4mm; Weight: 226grams
- Stereo speakers
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours (iPhone 12 Pro) / 20 hours (iPhone 12 ProMax) of video playback