This year, Huawei will launch a batch of new smart devices including its first mobile phones pre-installed with HarmonyOS. Now, there is news that the first mobile phone with HarmonyOS may not be the Huawei P50 as everyone expects. According to a Weibo source (@鹏鹏君), an HarmonyOS smartphone will arrive soon. However, this device may not be the P50 and it will have unique sales.
According to the report, this device is about to enter the final production stage. After its release, this phone will be available via various sales channels such as Huawei offline stores. Of course, the performance of this smartphone is worth looking forward to.
Earlier reports showed that Huawei will launch the Huawei P50 in the first quarter of 2021. The earlier speculations also claim that the Huawei 50 will be the first to use the HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. However, considering the current report, we are not so sure now.
In order to complete the development, Huawei has launched the HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile beta for developers in mid-December 2020. At the same time, the company is also opening the recruitment of the HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile test version of Huawei P40, Mate 30 and MatePad Pro devices.
For now, Huawei limits the testing scope of HarmonyOS 2.0 to China. This means that it is HongmengOS 2.0 that is in testing. This is because HongmengOS 2.0 is the Chinese version of HarmonyOS 2.0. We expect that the first HarmonyOS smartphone will initially be for Chinese consumers and it may take some time to enter the global market.
HarrmonyOS Smartphone update features (HarmonyOS 2.0)
- Brand new mobile phone UI controls, adding 50+ UI controls for developers to develop mobile HarmonyOS applications. It also unifies the UI interaction experience of multiple devices.
- The HarmonyOS application framework supports mobile phones and rapid migration. It also supports swift connection and circulation. There is a no-installation loading of HarmonyOS applications on multiple devices.
- Provides Windows and Mac platform development and compilation toolchain experience. This is also convenient for developers to quickly develop HarmonyOS applications.
- Provides 40+ Sample Codes for mobile developers. This is convenient for developers to quickly understand and adapt to HarmonyOS interfaces and development methods.
- Distributed capability interfaces such as multi-modal perception support multiple usage scenarios.
- Also offers a standard input method framework and capabilities
- Provide standardized telephone system interface capabilities.
- Also uses a barrier-free development framework
- Provides standardized distributed data management capabilities. Developers can also call standardized distributed DB interfaces to realize real-time data synchronization between devices.
- Enhance the account system capabilities. It also includes accountless devices into the HarmonyOS system.