Xiaomi released its latest flagship model, Mi 11 last year, and it is the first Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 smartphone. The official sales of this device commenced on January 1st and multiple user feedbacks are beginning to roll in. This week, there is a new report that Xiaomi Mi 11 makes a strange noise while playing music. However, it only makes this noise if the user puts pressure on the back cover while playing music.
Explaining this phenomenon, Xiaomi claims that the Mi 11 is different from ordinary mobile phones. The phone has a customized and optimized internal structure. It has a special rear cavity that allows the entire internal space inside the back cover to act as a rear cavity for stereo dual speakers. This design allows the Xiaomi Mi 11 to have a fuller low-frequency performance.
However, the deformation caused by squeezing will affect the entire rear cavity space, so noise will occur when pressing. For the same reason, quickly releasing the battery cover after pressing it will also cause changes in the internal space and noise.
Xiaomi claims that the noise phenomenon in such special scenes will generally disappear after 5-10 seconds. It is recommended that users avoid squeezing vigorously in daily use to prevent excessive force from causing damage or affecting the sound experience of the phone.
Xiaomi Mi 11 specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1500nit (HBM); 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 128GB; 256GB UFS 3.1 storage; / 12GB 3200MHz LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, LED flash; 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture; 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3x 74.6 x 8.06mm (glass)/8.56mm (leather); Weight: 196g (glass) / 194g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) / 4500mAh (Minimum) battery with 55W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging