Chinese manufacturer, iQOO is only the second company to launch a smartphone with the Snapdragon 888 SoC. The company released the iQOO 7 a few days ago and this smartphone comes with 120W fast charging technology. Since its release, we have been waiting for an actual (real-life) test of its charging capacity. We now have a test that shows that the iQOO 7 with a 4000 mAh battery gets a full charge in just 14 minutes. However, the full charge time is not the most interesting part of its charging capability.
According to the test result released by @DigitalChatStation, iQOO 7 gets over 50% power in just 5 minutes. If you start charging the phone from 1%, you will get 51% in just 5 minutes. After 10 minutes of charging, you will get 87%. To get a full 100% charge, you will have to wait for just 14 minutes. Furthermore, after it achieves a full charge, it will completely power off after two minutes of trickling.
It is important to note that iQOO 7 does not output 120W throughout the charging process. After the first few minutes, the output power drops to 105W and subsequently to 90W. However, iQOO 7 charging power is still higher and stronger than the iQOO 5 Pro. In fact, it is the fastest charging solution currently in the market.
Gizchina News of the week
iQOO 7 specifications
- 6.62-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 105% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with OriginOS
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, OIS + EIS, 13MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 13MP portrait camera with f/2.46 aperture, OIS, 2x optical zoom, 20x digital zoom
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, CS43131 amp, Hi-Fi audio
- Dimensions: 162.2x 75.8x 8.7mm; Weight:209.5g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2,GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (Typical) battery with 120W ultra-fast flash charging
iQOO 7 has some interesting features
The iQOO 7 uses marine aluminum as the middle frame material, which has better corrosion resistance and toughness. It also comes with a glass back cover using the new AG technology and has a thickness of 0.6mm.
On the front, the iQOO 7 uses a 120Hz full-sensing screen, with a 1000Hz instant touch sampling rate and a 300Hz touch reporting rate. It also supports four refresh rate application scenarios. The maximum brightness can reach 1300 nits and it supports 4096 levels of brightness adjustment. Furthermore, this phone comes with SGS low blue light and HDR10+ high dynamic range certifications.
Another selling point of this handset is its full-sensing control system. The full-sensing control system includes an under-screen dual-control pressure sensing, dual-line motor, as well as a dual speaker. Among them, the dual-control pressure sensitivity under the screen can map the two operating areas of the screen to any position in the game according to the user’s preferences. In addition, the dual-line motor supports two vibration units to build a sense of orientation and layering of vibration; the loudness of dual speakers is as high as 71.5dB.