Last week, Samsung officially unveiled the Galaxy S21 series, Galaxy Buds Pro, and Galaxy SmartTag at its first Unpacked event in 2021. The phones are available in a wide variety of colors, and a new version of the Galaxy S21 + was later spotted on Samsung’s official website in Australia.
Samsung has already started taking pre-orders for Galaxy S21 smartphones around the world. The company’s Australian website lists an exclusive color called Phantom Green. This variant of the phone has the following model numbers:
- SM-G996BZGAXSA – Galaxy S21 + Phantom Green (8GB RAM & 128GB Flash)
- SM-G996BZGEXSA – Galaxy S21 + Phantom Green (8GB RAM & 256GB Flash)
At the launch, the South Korean tech giant only unveiled two custom colors for the Galaxy S21 +, namely Phantom Red and Phantom Gold, in addition to the standard colors Phantom Silver, Phantom Violet, and Phantom Black.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 lineup will go on sale on February 5th.
Samsung Galaxy S21 5G and Galaxy S21+ 5G specifications
- S21 — 6.2-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED Display, 421 PPI, Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate (48 – 120Hz), up to 1300 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- S21+ — 6.7-inch FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED Display, 394 PPI, Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate (48 – 120Hz), up to 1300 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 2100 processor
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB/256GB storage
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Single / Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, OIS; 12MP Ultra Wide sensor, f/2.2 aperture; 64MP Telephoto lens with f/2.0 aperture, 3x hybrid zoom, 30X space zoom, OIS, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 10MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water resistant (IP68)
- S21 Dimensions: 151.7 x 71.2 x 7.9mm; Weight: 171g (mmWave), 169g (sub6)
- S21+ Dimensions: 161.4 x 75.6 x 7.8mm; Weight: 202g(mmWave), 200g(sub6)
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, UWB (S21+), GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh (S21) / 4800mAh (S21+) battery with 25W fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging
The Samsung Galaxy S21 smartphone received an AMOLED 2X screen with a diagonal of 6.2 inches and FHD + resolution with an adaptive image refresh rate from 48 to 120 Hz. The Galaxy S21 + has the same screen but measures 6.7-inches. Like the bigger version, the Galaxy S21 Ultra, both smartphones use Qualcomm’s new ultrasonic fingerprint sensor for fingerprint recognition, which has 1.7 times the area and is faster.
Pricing and availability
- Galaxy S21 5G 8GB + 128GB – $799.99 / €849 / £769
- Galaxy S21 5G 8GB + 256GB – $849.99 / €899 / £819
- Galaxy-S21+ 5G 8GB + 128GB – $999.99 / €1049 / £949
- Galaxy S21+ 5G 8GB + 256GB – $1049.99/ €1099 / £999